FLMermaid

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I think if I pick a date for my DAT it would be better, but I don't know when I'll know that I'll be ready? Do you know what I mean?

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hi everyone,

I think if I pick a date for my DAT it would be better, but I don't know when I'll know that I'll be ready? Do you know what I mean?
A question I get asked often. I assume you will be applying next cycle?

Dr. Romano

Last edited:

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
I would guess 8-12 weeks somewhere in that range. It will depend on your level of commitment to studying and your existing knowledge base.

About the Ads

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
I would guess 8-12 weeks somewhere in that range. It will depend on your level of commitment to studying and your existing knowledge base.
Thanks Pearl, always a pleasure to see you. I was not quite sure what the op was asking and I agree with your response. There is just not one blanket answer that will fit all students.

Reactions: Pearl E. White
OP
FLMermaid

FLMermaid

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 17, 2017
okay, but how do I know?

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
okay, but how do I know?
That is up to you. For example, I was using Bootcamp and they provide a schedule to follow. This schedule allots 10 total weeks of study time with 1 day off per week. I estimated that I would need more days off so I allowed myself an additional week or so. It truly is up to each individual examinee and their needs for proper preparation. Conclusion? The amount of time that YOU need to fully prepare so that you only have to take the exam once. Pick a date in the range I mentioned and if you need more or less time you can always reschedule. Rescheduling is MUCH cheaper than a retake. Good luck.

Reactions: artist2022

rorana96

2+ Year Member
Sep 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Pick a date and plan a study schedule for that date. You can always push it back. If you don't set a date, that urgency of an exam approaching will never creep up and you won't feel as motivated to be ready (for given date). Pick a date and plan for it!

OP
FLMermaid

FLMermaid

Membership Revoked
Removed
Aug 17, 2017
I totally agree with all you guys! I have to pick a date, but when I went on the prometric site, it2017-09-17 (2).png tells me I cant yet lol.... I decided on 6 weeks.

Pearl E. White

D1 at LECOM
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Status
Dental Student
I totally agree with all you guys! I have to pick a date, but when I went on the prometric site, itView attachment 223630 tells me I cant yet lol.... I decided on 6 weeks.
It says scheduled maintenance so it should be up and running again soon. Best of luck to you!

Dentalco2020

2+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2016
Why does it matter when I'll apply?
if you are applying this cycle, yes pick a date and stick to the study schedule. preferably within 2 months, sooner the better because interview spots are being handed out as we speak.

if you are not applying, why bother. Just study your butt off until you know you are quite confident about the material, then sign up. you have plenty of time in this case, so don't risk having to reschedule by picking a date now. Do it when you are rdy.

Reactions: Faefly
About the Ads