I don't understand the doom and gloom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted634258

Dear forum members,

I am an American who is doing the dental thing in The Netherlands (as I am also a Dutch citizen) and have a question. I like to go on this forum because it is very well organized and had people on it from all walks of life. However, I have read a few threads about saturation here and I don't exactly understand what you mean by that in the States. When dentists on here complain about saturation, do they mean that they can't get a job and make 6 figures in a metropolitan area or that opening up a practice would be very difficult? I ask this because even though many people do not like corporate dentistry, they seem to offer very good paying gigs in all kinds of areas in the country. In short, from what I see, there still seems to be demand for dentists even in places like LA. So is it just the practice?

In Holland we have corporate dentistry as well and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

Members don't see this ad.

You are correct that the Metro areas and suburbs are where most dentists want to practice, so they have more dentists/population, thus, may not earn as much. Corporate practices will study the demographics, insurance, and advertising to determine if they will be viable in many places. Hence, they may still open up in a saturated market, power advertise (all types of media), and take insurances to increase volume.