I feel bad for destroying the environment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview today that I drove an hour for. I realize doctors are busy and have no problem waiting hours for an interview. I did but then my interview which was supposed to be 40 minutes went 15 minutes and would have been ten except I started asking random questions to keep it going. This person was supposed to be my adcom adovcate. The interview ended with her asking where else I have interviewed and saying it was good I have applied to alot of schools so I have a chance this year. She made it seem like she didnt like people who weren't at least 26 and thats the proper age for entering medical school. Am I screwed? No I didnt say anything dumb at all in the interview for the ten minutes it lasted.

Members don't see this ad.

BOBODR said:
I had an interview today that I drove an hour for. I realize doctors are busy and have no problem waiting hours for an interview. I did but then my interview which was supposed to be 40 minutes went 15 minutes and would have been ten except I started asking random questions to keep it going. This person was supposed to be my adcom adovcate. The interview ended with her asking where else I have interviewed and saying it was good I have applied to alot of schools so I have a chance this year. She made it seem like she didnt like people who weren't at least 26 and thats the proper age for entering medical school. Am I screwed? No I didnt say anything dumb at all in the interview for the ten minutes it lasted.

my advice, if you feel pressure in any way, if you dindt like it, say something now.

my first interview went bad, he was rude and unpolite and i dint feel right, but i dint say anything about it and i got waitlisted.

i may never know if it was for my interview but i can bet you it was.

if i were you, i will request a second interview.
thats my comment, :)

Members don't see this ad :)
is this your only interview? sorry :)
she might be like this to everyone, you never know and might be plesently surprised

BOBODR said:

You know it costs alot of money to keep those damn pandas in the zoo. And guess who is charging us.....big damn CHINA!!!!! It's cost 10.4 million to keep those bears here and we dont even get to keep them, even if they were born here. China is run'N game on the US!

madonna said:
is this your only interview? sorry :)
she might be like this to everyone, you never know and might be plesently surprised

I didnt even get the why medicine question. Eveyone gets this question......

China should pay us to keep them so they dont poision them with their exploding fertilizer plants and kill their national symbol.....

If you feel this strongly about it, Bob, then you should let them know. When I interviewed there was a talk about how if you feel like something wasn't fair or if you weren't given the chance to show your full potential then you should speak up about it.

I had an interview just like you describe last year, and I wasn't waitlisted: I was rejected. I regret not speaking up when I could have. Call the admissions office and ask if you can have another adcom interviewer. I know you had to drive an hour, but it would be worth your while to go back and have a better interview.

My interview was about 15 minutes, there was nothing but small talk and reading questions off a clipboard and writing down my answers. I didn't get the feeling at all that this person was going to be my advocate in front of the admissions committee. I wish I'd done something about it last year.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

It is difficult to judge - I had an interview (scheduled for an hour). I was TOLD that the interviewer was running late, so to wait in the admissions office. Then, he called asking where the heck I was. He thought that I was late!! My hour interview now only had 30 minutes left. He talked for about 27 of these minutes, and asked me questions like "Have you applied other places" in a way that made me feel like he knew I stood no chance at his school.

In the end though, guess what. I was accepted. You just never know.