Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all,
I'm in the process of applying to DPT programs like most on this forum. Looking at all these requirements makes my statistics scream mediocrity, or worse. I decided to attend the best school in my state, and one of the best in the country, and now feel that I am being hurt by a GPA that resulted from rigorous academics. I just wanted to see if anyone here thinks I have a shot at being accepted to any DPT programs my first application season.
School: University of Michigan
Major: Movement Science (School of Kinesiology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Pre-req GPAs: Vary between about 2.9 - 3.2 depending on program
GRE: Have not taken, but expecting maybe a 1200-1250, 4.5
Observation: 50+ hours outpatient (continually adding hours every week)
Recommendations: Will have several great recs from PTs and employers. I don't really feel close enough to any professors to ask for a recommendation.
Also, my pre-req GPA for a lot of schools I want to apply to is in the 2.9-2.99 range. With one pre-req still to complete and with a good grade expected, will the programs with a 3.0 minimum let that slide?
Thanks for any opinions/advice anyone offers up.
I'm in the process of applying to DPT programs like most on this forum. Looking at all these requirements makes my statistics scream mediocrity, or worse. I decided to attend the best school in my state, and one of the best in the country, and now feel that I am being hurt by a GPA that resulted from rigorous academics. I just wanted to see if anyone here thinks I have a shot at being accepted to any DPT programs my first application season.
School: University of Michigan
Major: Movement Science (School of Kinesiology)
Cumulative GPA: 3.2
Pre-req GPAs: Vary between about 2.9 - 3.2 depending on program
GRE: Have not taken, but expecting maybe a 1200-1250, 4.5
Observation: 50+ hours outpatient (continually adding hours every week)
Recommendations: Will have several great recs from PTs and employers. I don't really feel close enough to any professors to ask for a recommendation.
Also, my pre-req GPA for a lot of schools I want to apply to is in the 2.9-2.99 range. With one pre-req still to complete and with a good grade expected, will the programs with a 3.0 minimum let that slide?
Thanks for any opinions/advice anyone offers up.