I feel like this test was kind of pointless

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Proudfather94

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took it and got 75-100th percentile without even studying or doing the stupid practice test. I don't see the value in having taken it and think it's pointless.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting. I don't think I received that, but I appreciate your help.
It's a new thing this cycle that they only did on a test basis last cycle. If you didn't receive it when you took it, you weren't part of the test last year. If you took it again this cycle, you'd receive it.

Solution
It's a new thing this cycle that they only did on a test basis last cycle. If you didn't receive it when you took it, you weren't part of the test last year. If you took it again this cycle, you'd receive it.
Okay that makes sense! Thank you so much.

Reactions: 1 user
What in the balls is a CASPer test? Is thid another premed hoop to jump through now?
It is basically an online morality test. They have videos that you watch about a certain moral/life situation and then you have a few minutes to answer the questions about how you would react in whatever the situation is.

Ex. Your classmate is friends with the TA and he refuses to do his portion of the work. You have a project due tomorrow but he tells you he is eating dinner with the TA. How would you address the situation?

Only certain schools require it, but it is 2.5 hours and you have to pay the company to take the test and also to send results to the schools.

• Sad
It is basically an online morality test. They have videos that you watch about a certain moral/life situation and then you have a few minutes to answer the questions about how you would react in whatever the situation is.

Ex. Your classmate is friends with the TA and he refuses to do his portion of the work. You have a project due tomorrow but he tells you he is eating dinner with the TA. How would you address the situation?

Only certain schools require it, but it is 2.5 hours and you have to pay the company to take the test and also to send results to the schools.

Sounds like a bunch of horsepuckey.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly believe the test is more of a measure of one's ability to come up with convincing arguments quickly.

I used a copy paste template and barely changed anything and got 75th-100th percentile. I only have one school using casper and it's kind of not one I wanted to go to so I half assed capser, but still lmfao the test is definitely nonsensical.

I used a copy paste template and barely changed anything and got 75th-100th percentile. I only have one school using casper and it's kind of not one I wanted to go to so I half assed capser, but still lmfao the test is definitely nonsensical.
Copy paste template?

Everyone else thinks its horsepuckey too. Can I has 100th percentile?
Unfortunately you didn't take into account the Altus administrators who are paying off their vacation house with those $12 fees. They think its valuable, please try to be more open minded to other people's experiences in the future. 25th percentile.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
There's an opportunity here for you to make some easy coin as a consultant.

Note to self: design a test that is loosely correlated with anything, somehow integrate it into medical school admissions process then proceed to make bank which will then be used to pay off the huge amount of debt from taking standardized exams/medical school random requirements/board requirements

Note to self: design a test that is loosely correlated with anything, somehow integrate it into medical school admissions process then proceed to make bank which will then be used to pay off the huge amount of debt from taking standardized exams/medical school random requirements/board requirements
How bout a test that shows how well you work in an integrated team with midlevels, PAs, social workers, etc. Have it be in person, situation based test with scenarious like the PE exam. The PAs, social workers, etc get to judge how well the “doctor” takes criticism and suggestions to ascertain how well he/she would work in a team environment.

I threw up alittle just writing that.

How bout a test that shows how well you work in an integrated team with midlevels, PAs, social workers, etc. Have it be in person, situation based test with scenarious like the PE exam. The PAs, social workers, etc get to judge how well the “doctor” takes criticism and suggestions to ascertain how well he/she would work in a team environment.

I threw up alittle just writing that.
LOL, I love this.

Lets make it as subjective as possible. Did the patient ask for xanax, and the evil doctor didn't give it to him? Minus 20 points.

Just another money grab. I never found out my CASPer score because I took it in 2020, but it honestly felt completely useless (outside of padding some pockets).

Need a character reference? Look at applicants' letters of recommendation. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel strongly that professional relationships spanning 1+ semesters are going to be a much better gauge of an applicant's character than an hour-long "test" that is wrought with confounds (i.e. slow typer? Sorry, you're SoL).

Will gladly take any opportunity to whine about the CASPer and any of its irritating siblings all day, every day.