You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I feel like this test was kind of pointless
Started by Proudfather94
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Solution
It's a new thing this cycle that they only did on a test basis last cycle. If you didn't receive it when you took it, you weren't part of the test last year. If you took it again this cycle, you'd receive it.Interesting. I don't think I received that, but I appreciate your help.
I thought the CASPer test doesn't give you the score?I took it and got 75-100th percentile without even studying or doing the stupid practice test. I don't see the value in having taken it and think it's pointless.
They give you a quartile score but not the exact percentileI thought the CASPer test doesn't give you the score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where did you get the quartile score? I have genuinely been curious what I got for the past 6+ monthsThey give you a quartile score but not the exact percentile
They emailed me and said my results were in and there was a link in the emailWhere did you get the quartile score? I have genuinely been curious what I got for the past 6+ months
Interesting. I don't think I received that, but I appreciate your help.They emailed me and said my results were in and there was a link in the email
It's a new thing this cycle that they only did on a test basis last cycle. If you didn't receive it when you took it, you weren't part of the test last year. If you took it again this cycle, you'd receive it.Interesting. I don't think I received that, but I appreciate your help.
Okay that makes sense! Thank you so much.It's a new thing this cycle that they only did on a test basis last cycle. If you didn't receive it when you took it, you weren't part of the test last year. If you took it again this cycle, you'd receive it.
What in the balls is a CASPer test? Is thid another premed hoop to jump through now?
It is basically an online morality test. They have videos that you watch about a certain moral/life situation and then you have a few minutes to answer the questions about how you would react in whatever the situation is.What in the balls is a CASPer test? Is thid another premed hoop to jump through now?
Ex. Your classmate is friends with the TA and he refuses to do his portion of the work. You have a project due tomorrow but he tells you he is eating dinner with the TA. How would you address the situation?
Only certain schools require it, but it is 2.5 hours and you have to pay the company to take the test and also to send results to the schools.
D
deleted555445
snapshot was fine, had a couple of basic interview-style questions.anyone take snapshot yet
It is basically an online morality test. They have videos that you watch about a certain moral/life situation and then you have a few minutes to answer the questions about how you would react in whatever the situation is.
Ex. Your classmate is friends with the TA and he refuses to do his portion of the work. You have a project due tomorrow but he tells you he is eating dinner with the TA. How would you address the situation?
Only certain schools require it, but it is 2.5 hours and you have to pay the company to take the test and also to send results to the schools.
Sounds like a bunch of horsepuckey.
Congratulations. Your situational judgement is intact.Sounds like a bunch of horsepuckey.
But, did he consider everyone else's feelings and point of view?Congratulations. Your situational judgement is intact.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I honestly believe the test is more of a measure of one's ability to come up with convincing arguments quickly.
Copy paste template?I used a copy paste template and barely changed anything and got 75th-100th percentile. I only have one school using casper and it's kind of not one I wanted to go to so I half assed capser, but still lmfao the test is definitely nonsensical.
But, did he consider everyone else's feelings and point of view?![]()
Everyone else thinks its horsepuckey too. Can I has 100th percentile?
D
deleted555445
Unfortunately you didn't take into account the Altus administrators who are paying off their vacation house with those $12 fees. They think its valuable, please try to be more open minded to other people's experiences in the future. 25th percentile.Everyone else thinks its horsepuckey too. Can I has 100th percentile?
Merde.Unfortunately you didn't take into account the Altus administrators who are paying off their vacation house with those $12 fees. They think its valuable, please try to be more open minded to other people's experiences in the future. 25th percentile.
Fano
Pre-Mad
There's an opportunity here for you to make some easy coin as a consultant.I used a copy paste template and barely changed anything and got 75th-100th percentile. I only have one school using casper and it's kind of not one I wanted to go to so I half assed capser, but still lmfao the test is definitely nonsensical.
D
deleted1100659
Note to self: design a test that is loosely correlated with anything, somehow integrate it into medical school admissions process then proceed to make bank which will then be used to pay off the huge amount of debt from taking standardized exams/medical school random requirements/board requirements
How bout a test that shows how well you work in an integrated team with midlevels, PAs, social workers, etc. Have it be in person, situation based test with scenarious like the PE exam. The PAs, social workers, etc get to judge how well the “doctor” takes criticism and suggestions to ascertain how well he/she would work in a team environment.Note to self: design a test that is loosely correlated with anything, somehow integrate it into medical school admissions process then proceed to make bank which will then be used to pay off the huge amount of debt from taking standardized exams/medical school random requirements/board requirements
I threw up alittle just writing that.
D
deleted1100659
LOL, I love this.How bout a test that shows how well you work in an integrated team with midlevels, PAs, social workers, etc. Have it be in person, situation based test with scenarious like the PE exam. The PAs, social workers, etc get to judge how well the “doctor” takes criticism and suggestions to ascertain how well he/she would work in a team environment.
I threw up alittle just writing that.
Lets make it as subjective as possible. Did the patient ask for xanax, and the evil doctor didn't give it to him? Minus 20 points.
Just another money grab. I never found out my CASPer score because I took it in 2020, but it honestly felt completely useless (outside of padding some pockets).
Need a character reference? Look at applicants' letters of recommendation. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel strongly that professional relationships spanning 1+ semesters are going to be a much better gauge of an applicant's character than an hour-long "test" that is wrought with confounds (i.e. slow typer? Sorry, you're SoL).
Will gladly take any opportunity to whine about the CASPer and any of its irritating siblings all day, every day.
Need a character reference? Look at applicants' letters of recommendation. Maybe I'm naive, but I feel strongly that professional relationships spanning 1+ semesters are going to be a much better gauge of an applicant's character than an hour-long "test" that is wrought with confounds (i.e. slow typer? Sorry, you're SoL).
Will gladly take any opportunity to whine about the CASPer and any of its irritating siblings all day, every day.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 889
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K