I find this hard to believe. Opinions

Started by daelroy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

daelroy

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My soon to be brother in law is a physiatrist. I personally think he is full of it. He said that he and many physiatrists earn in upwards of 500K and make more than the orthopedic surgeons they work with. I find this hard to believe.
 
If you think about it, outpatient PMR is all about procedures, esp if you are pain or interventional. SO, EMG's + pain injections + flouroguided techniques = big bucks. Dems da facts.

NF
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
normalforce said:
If you think about it, outpatient PMR is all about procedures, esp if you are pain or interventional. SO, EMG's + pain injections + flouroguided techniques = big bucks. Dems da facts.

NF

Which residency programs have outpatient>inpatient focus?
 
DrGucciGal said:
Which residency programs have outpatient>inpatient focus?

The minimum required months of inpatient rehab is 12 months. More programs are now moving towards having just 12 months of inpatient. I find that the larger and older programs tend to have greater inpatient emphasis (i.e. Baylor, Seattle, Mt. Sinai, NYU).