i got 75% in part 1 what should i do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothborne

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i got only 75 in part 1 what shud i do now iam confused ans dis hearted....is there any chance for me to apply is there any univ taking lowest score people.... my stats are nbde 1 75, toefl 97, gpa 3.51, lots of vluntary workk, worked as assistant, had 2 yr work experience and had soooooo many awards in debates, posters, conventions, and lot more........but wwith this score what should i do now please guide me.

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys i got only 75 in part 1 what shud i do now iam confused ans dis hearted....is there any chance for me to apply is there any univ taking lowest score people.... my stats are nbde 1 75, toefl 97, gpa 3.51, lots of vluntary workk, worked as assistant, had 2 yr work experience and had soooooo many awards in debates, posters, conventions, and lot more........but wwith this score what should i do now please guide me.

I read somewhere that UCSF minimum requirement for NDBE is going to be 75.. I believe most schools will also change their requirement. And very soon it will be just pass/fail. So don't worry, everything else looks great on your stats!
You could try and increase your TOEFL. 97 is not bad, but anything above 100 looks a lot better...
I think you will still stand a chance!
I think UOP minimum is also 75...

hey thanks...iam bit relaxed with ur reply...thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
hey thanks...iam bit relaxed with ur reply...thanks

What u should realise is that the nbde scores I suspect are coming down, so next step for you is to apply and let them know all your strengths. Make your personal statement show someone that is intelligent motivated and will become a major contributor to their programs.

After going through this process I have come to realise that this score thing is important but what is more important is how you present yourself and I think they will see something valuable in what u have stated you have done. Please ignore those on this board that like screaming they have 90+ as if that is all that matters.

hey thanks thats really motivating and its giving me courage to move forward....and does it matters that how early u apply in school?

hey thanks thats really motivating and its giving me courage to move forward....and does it matters that how early u apply in school?

the earlier you apply the better your chances

Be optimistic things will work out.
In WORST circumstances u could plan on giving DAT and enrolling yourself in 4yr DDS regular program.
Dont lose hope !
Dont let ONE exam determine your skills !
Stay motivated !

I also agree. I think you should apply and also start studying for part II. The scores on these exams seem to be coming down with the new rule and if ADA is telling the truth, it will be P/F in 2012, so the numerical scores will not matter anymore. Good luck!!!

hey hi i socred 77 percentile with a GPA of 3.89 do u think i stand a chance in any of the schools if yes please let me know where?...

hi,r u planing to take the test again,if so when will u be eligible is it 1 or 5 years?

In WORST circumstances u could plan on giving DAT and enrolling yourself in 4yr DDS regular program.

is it possible for foreign trained dentists to apply for a four year DDS regular programme without having a bachelors degree from US?when i called up one of the universities they told me that they require a bachelors degree from a US college to give admission into regular DDS programme as their Admission requirements say so.
Do u know any universities which consider the international dental degree as a bachelors degree and give admissions if we have the DAT scores?if so could u please name them?will be of great help...thanks in advance.

rakhi

Members don't see this ad :)
this is true... i also called up some universities they said they need one year of basic sciences course n then apply for DDS and then a residency of one yr. it makes it all a 6 yrs program... does anyone know anything different then this?

is it possible for foreign trained dentists to apply for a four year DDS regular programme without having a bachelors degree from US?when i called up one of the universities they told me that they require a bachelors degree from a US college to give admission into regular DDS programme as their Admission requirements say so.
Do u know any universities which consider the international dental degree as a bachelors degree and give admissions if we have the DAT scores?if so could u please name them?will be of great help...thanks in advance.

rakhi
check out one of the dental schools in florida.I think they have 4 yr dds program for foreign trianed dentists.

hi usdds08 and hant,

Thanks a lot for all the information.do you know whether these schools require DAT or will they consider NBDE scores for admission to regular dds programmes...

usdds08,could u please let me know where are these schools located,in the east coast or west?

hant,thanks and i shall search about the florida schools.

thanks
rakhi

AEGD is a good idea too.
yes AEGD is a good idea but very few schols offer it and it is really difficult to enter as i can make it out from the threads on SDN.... people are applying 2 - 3 times but still havent got in... so is there any other idea... how abt observership...does it help..... ?

Does AEGD gives you licence to practice in states??

Please reply
thanks

Hi guys I got 76 in Part I, below score it says
"CANDIDATE HAS NOT COMPLETED REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NATIONAL BOARD CERTIFICATE"
can someone please help me with what it stands for. Also does it require passing on individual section.
I don't know if I should ask this do i stand anywhere for acceptance with this score. I have 3.67 GPA in dental with 96 in TOEFL. quite a lot of volunteer work with 1 yr work exp in India and 1 year assistant in states. also hold masters degree from states.
Really upset... can someone help please.. thanks

that statement means nothing..it is printed on everyones report...it just means that you need to clear part 2 to get National Board Certificate...dont get bothered by it

Thanks a lot for reply... As I said I dont know if i should ask this but do you think I can apply with this score... :(

well with no re attempts allowed..you have no option but to apply...prepare for part 2..and plus schools look at overall profile too...if your resume is strong you might just get a seat...dont give up ..hope for the best

hey guys,

I am an undergrad student from ubc and want to practice dentistry one day....now my question is my grades are not that high to get into a school here...so i was thinking of going to semmelweis in budapest....what do you guys think of that.....
I know I would need to give a string of examinations once i come back but should they not be easy since i will be going there with a mindframe that I have to retain everything for the exams future......I know some you might be thinking what is this kid talking abt(judging by the umpteen number of posts trying to find studying partners)
and also the new regulations that willl take effect in 2011, would that make it easier or harder to assimilate in the system here....your thought on this

Thanks a lot peopleee

p.s. this is my first post here:D

To the post asking about DAT scores and admission into 4-yr DDS program, you will have to repeat most of your science courses at a US undergrad institution. If you go to any school's website in addition to the DAT, every single one lists the courses and the number of hours they need in each area from a US undergrad institution. I believe it would take somewhere around 12-15 months to complete that criteria, after which you would take the DAT and then apply to 4-yr DDS. In order to gain admission into undergrad to complete these pre-requisites, you will need to fulfill other requirements - TOEFL, SAT score etc etc...so I guess in your case the only thing you could possibly look at is advanced standing programs..

i got my score last week& its only 80. i am disappointed. wat should i do? its valid for hw many yrs?
plz help me....

i got my score last week& its only 80. i am disappointed. wat should i do? its valid for hw many yrs?
plz help me....

I even got my score.. its only 84..... even I am confused. I have GPA of 3.13... did my MDS in oral surgery from India(US GPA 3.33)...10 yrs of pvt practice in India, 3 yra of teaching experience( INDIA), only one publication (INDIA)... I guess with this CV 84 should do well in NYU???

Well I have a question about the application process.. I applied last year to a couple universities, one of which was NYU.. Now my question is that would they have looked at my essay or even my application if it wasn't complete? I'm asking because I want to apply with a finished application this year and use the same essay I sent last year or should I just make a new one from scratch?

Btw, tell me what you think my chances are because I just have no faith in getting in anywhere... I say this with two rejections.. One from BU and the other Marquette.. :(

NBDE I 82% (I actually applied to take it again before the deadline so still have a chance to make that better, hopefully)

TOEFL 106

GPA 3.15

Experience in both research and as an operator.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Part 1-84
Part 2-80
GPA -3.84
Toefl - 102
2years of exp as DA in US.
What are my chances and where do I stand? Plz help.