1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

I got accepted BUT

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by premedvet, Nov 4, 2018.

1. premedvet

Pre-Medical
    what if I have to retake a course due to failure? I can defer my enrollment until 2020 under "some" circumstances. is retaking a course an acceptable reason for deferment or will I lose my place?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. GodIsBeautiful

Pharmacy Student
    My school does not allow that, but I did know someone who was allowed to retake a course in their summer prior to matriculation. But this course was not science/math based but instead, a humanities course.

I would tell you to call your school's admissions office and ask your question to them hypothetically.

Good luck! I'm doing okay in Organic Chemistry right now, but I have the same worry as you.

Saisri_PharmStdnt likes this.
  4. BC_89

2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Rule of thumb is you lose your slot. You were accepted under contingencies and you didn’t meet the requirements by failing a mandated course.

That being said, you need to call the admissions committee sooner rather than later and see what they’ll say. Best of luck