I got it now! Hot Chicks dig guys who are premed when they're 22, not 18!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that my interviews at medical school have helped my social life, hehe.

Now, of course, it could be the confidence that I have, which manifests itself in a more open and BLAH BLAH BLAH NO!

Life is superficial, period. Girls didn't give a f*ck what my major, or any guy's major for that matter, was when i was a freshman/sophomore. But now that I'm a fifth year senior who has interviewed at Ivy Leagues (which, I have no idea how that happened i'm an idiot random applicant - luck for sure), girls are noticably more interested in my pursuits, etc.

And I think I figured out why (and this theory is more strongly correlated the hotter the girl is)... it's not necessarly that girls at this stage are looking THAT far ahead that guys who WILL be doctors in 5+ years is what is in and of itself attractive. NO! Rather... bragging. Girls love to brag... and when you're in high school and an underclassman... bragging about your sweet whigger, G-thug boyfriend who gets you good weed and parties rather than studying is more fun. But, when you're older... junior, senior, etc... if you can say your boyfriend is gonna go to Yale... you're sweet.

Girls (and guys - to be fare) are all about image... and their boyfriends are an innate part of that. So.. if you're gonna be sweet, it helps now! AND IT'S HELPING ME WOO!

:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

or maybe it's just that EVERYONE, girls and guys, matures in the four years from being 18 to 22. and so that if you have been a nice guy and girls know that, maybe they're finally growing up and realizing that's what makes a great significant other. don't sell yourself short and think that girls only would like you b/c you can give them bragging rights. anyway, that attitude isn't attractive at all.

This is kind of why i don't think I'd ever marry a doctor. Assuming girls and guys are all about image is sad. i'm very happy being with a guy getting a PhD in computer science who will never wear a suit in his life or earn nearly one half of what I probably will earn. (not that this is true of all comp. scientists, but it is for the theoretical stuff he's researching)

Let's carry out the theory even further. The reason girls like BAD BOYS is because than they have something to talk about with their girlfriends i.e. you won't believe what Strong did the other night. He stood me up.

People seem to love "bad" news. How many times on TV NEWS have you seen a lead news about someone volunteer at a homeless clinic(this is boring that's why). Instead, you hear about a guy robbing a bank, or selling drugs etc(Maybe people are captivated by other's misfortunes who knows). Or Maybe humans are more attuned to "bad" news.

;)

So, if you really want a girl to fall head over heels for you than I would brag that I am going to an ivy league med school. Then, once you start dating her, stand her up or only call her if you want a piece.

Just kidding by the way. :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
people can be so shallow.....I'm not sure who I'm refering to, but I'm glad I'm engaged and past all that crap.

But, in my research job at a major teaching hospital I have noticed a difference after getting accepted. On November 12th I was just some weird pre-med with an uncertain future. On November 13th I was a future doctor and colleague. Strange what a single day can do.

Many women want a guy with presitge and lots of money.

Many men want a woman with a beautiful face and a nice body.

These are facts that we all have to come to grips with, like 'em or not.

(Notice I said MANY. so please don't flame)

I haven't experienced the same thing. Guys and girls alike say, "Wow, that is pretty cool," but I don't think the prestige, money, or power deal makes a difference since most girls at my school will come out of school making $50k and be making over $100k before I finish my residency (or fellowship).

Originally posted by kreno
There is no doubt in my mind that my interviews at medical school have helped my social life, hehe.

Now, of course, it could be the confidence that I have, which manifests itself in a more open and BLAH BLAH BLAH NO!

Life is superficial, period. Girls didn't give a f*ck what my major, or any guy's major for that matter, was when i was a freshman/sophomore. But now that I'm a fifth year senior who has interviewed at Ivy Leagues (which, I have no idea how that happened i'm an idiot random applicant - luck for sure), girls are noticably more interested in my pursuits, etc.

And I think I figured out why (and this theory is more strongly correlated the hotter the girl is)... it's not necessarly that girls at this stage are looking THAT far ahead that guys who WILL be doctors in 5+ years is what is in and of itself attractive. NO! Rather... bragging. Girls love to brag... and when you're in high school and an underclassman... bragging about your sweet whigger, G-thug boyfriend who gets you good weed and parties rather than studying is more fun. But, when you're older... junior, senior, etc... if you can say your boyfriend is gonna go to Yale... you're sweet.

Girls (and guys - to be fare) are all about image... and their boyfriends are an innate part of that. So.. if you're gonna be sweet, it helps now! AND IT'S HELPING ME WOO!

:clap:

yo you sound like a fukking loser, you needed interivews at some IVYS to get some action, or not even , to get some girls to find u appealing... can anyone else say LAME ... ya loser

Originally posted by Dr. Wall$treet
yo you sound like a fukking loser, you needed interivews at some IVYS to get some action, or not even , to get some girls to find u appealing... can anyone else say LAME ... ya loser

Amusing answer as always :D

Kreno - it's your confidence that is nailing you girls. Sure, the whole "interview" at ivy medical school plays a small part in it but remember, those girls who attracted to you because of your ivy medical interviews will be the same who shall use and lose you.

The REAL gals aren't easily impressed by that because they know you have more to offer them than prestige since they, themselves have an equal if not more prestige and has more money.

Do yourself a favor and avoid the superficial gals. You'll save yourself a lot from pre-nup headaches and none such :p

Uhh dude, she doesn't like you for the bragging rights, she likes you for the big fat F*cking alamony she's gonna scam out of your ivy league a$$ someday. She's not bragging, she's laughing....

also I have to question your intentions for medical school. It doesn't sound really like you thought you had a chance and seemed well-aware of how girls react to succesful premeds. Thinking with the wrong head?

I'm no love professional but I know what it is and superficial interests aren't it. Staring at a huge breasted babe across the table gets boring quick if she can't even hold a conversation. My girlfriend and I are both premed, she is very beautiful and we hold the best conversations ever. Something to think about.

ha! what a great group of replies. That was fun. Obviously I wasn't serious - i was just having some fun with a random idea that of course i don't really think - so those of you who bit my head off, oWW! Those of you whom agreed though... haha... very cool

kreno

Do you have a life kreno???!!!:rolleyes: however, that was some funny response.

Originally posted by indo

Maybe part of the problem is in your reference to women as "hot chicks".

Oh. I thought he was actually refering to warm young chickens. You never know.

Part of the problem is also using the term "whigger", or "wigger" which indo correctly defined as a white ****** . That is a problem inthat you are indirectly calling another group of people "*******"
EMW

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by williestyle81
Part of the problem is also using the term "whigger", or "wigger" which indo correctly defined as a white ****** . That is a problem inthat you are indirectly calling another group of people "*******"
EMW

but you forget, as blacks can call each other ******, whites can call each other whigger. Remember though, due to a metaphysical law, any interracial use of the vocab is strickly forbidden! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
but you forget, as blacks can call each other ******, whites can call each other whigger. Remember though, due to a metaphysical law, any interracial use of the vocab is strickly forbidden! :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that many black people do not like it when other blacks call them "******."

Originally posted by Thundrstorm
Keep in mind that many black people do not like it when other blacks call them "******."

Yes, a few of my black friends are of that persuasion..

Just as an aside, why does the censor ban curse words, but not the word ******?

maybe cos the censor is racist?

hehehehehehe

err, actually, it's cos the censor only bans it when a white person says it. It's acceptable for a black person to post it.

err, actually, it's cos the censor only bans it when a white person says it. It's acceptable for a black person to post it.

So, I suppose I can only say it half the time. :rolleyes:

So, I suppose I can only say it half the time. :rolleyes:

and I can only say it 1/4th of the time.

Honestly, didn't you see my inherent sarcasm from the beginning? I'm poking fun at that social double standard for vocabularies.

and I can only say it 1/4th of the time.

Honestly, didn't you see my inherent sarcasm from the beginning? I'm poking fun at that social double standard for vocabularies.

Yes, Jessica understands sarcasm. :rolleyes:

I agree with you; there shouldn't be a double standard, but I still don't think that excuses a white person to use that word (and I know that's not what you meant).

Yes, Jessica understands sarcasm. :rolleyes:

I agree with you; there shouldn't be a double standard, but I still don't think that excuses a white person to use that word (and I know that's not what you meant).

:) I know. I don't like the word..I think it's vulgar.

This outstanding topic totally digressed into a one liner argument about the word "whigger". Who CARES about that word. Don't even waste your time with it.

More importantly, let's get back to the real topic. HEhehe.

Women say men are all about sex. Well, if that's true then women are all about loot and stability ($$$).

Kreno, to say that these females are not thinking about your getting into med school (as other posters have insinuated) is totally absurd, of COURSE they are. Women, IMHO, don't get a feel for the type of person they really want until age 24 or 25. The society (and their own nature) has impacted them to such a degree that they are all beyond help to some extent in terms of being insecure. Now, don't get me wrong, WE ARE ALL insecure. But girls in that age take the f*cking cake. If they like you as a person, and you might be going to med school over a really quality guy that might be slightly a better fit for them or a better potentialy husband (whatever, you know what I mean) they'll go for the doctor, ANY day of the week. YOu know it's true.

****, I'm not talking about bimbos and those broads. I'm talking about the quality chicks (brains and looks) that are borderline with you, not sure one way or another if they stay would give you a chance. The doctor things takes you over the top, man. As long as you aren't desperate and you act normal towards them, they will be ALL over you. No doubt. The attraction that a female gets from stability and future prospects is way greater than what a man would think. It's attractive as hell to them.

The last thihg I want to say is that anyone that gets married right now at ages 19-22 (maybe 23) is a JOKE. Who does that? HA!

Expecting replies ...

Gumshoe :p

"The society (and their own nature) has impacted them to such a degree that they are all beyond help to some extent in terms of being insecure."

what a great statement! Totally politically INCORRECT, but how TRUE it is!

I got accepted to med school (not an ivy), and my girlfriend dumped me. Maybe if it was an ivy I would get more play.

Yo, Kreno, glad that you enjoyed it. I do tell it how it is. Love the post.

Gumshoe

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Well, if that's true then women are all about loot and stability ($$$).
Where do you live that you only know women who are money-hungry?

Women, IMHO, don't get a feel for the type of person they really want until age 24 or 25. The society (and their own nature) has impacted them to such a degree that they are all beyond help to some extent in terms of being insecure.
You are so freakin smug. Where do you get off labeling all women as insecure until 24? How did you pick that particualr age BTW? And what makes you an expert on women seeing as that you aren't one? For me and many other women I know, that is completely false. It seems to me that men are more likely to mature at a later age.

attraction that a female gets from stability and future prospects is way greater than what a man would think. It's attractive as hell to them.
I can only speak for myself, but the only reason a med student would be attractive to me is that he would share the same dedication and level of intellect as I. I'll make my own money, thank you.[/B][/QUOTE]

The last thihg I want to say is that anyone that gets married right now at ages 19-22 (maybe 23) is a JOKE. Who does that? HA!
I agree somewhat. My sister just turned 21 and she's engaged and I think she's stupid.

What woman in her right mind would want to marry a doctor? Are you nuts?! I have girlfriends married to doctors and their husbands are all jacka**es with God complexes. AND they all have little wankers.

Go Ma! I totally agree. For every one cool premed guy i know (sunnyS81 if you're reading this ), i meet about 20 others who all need to get over their own egos. They scream insecurity. I'd rather marry a not filthy rich man who doesn't think i'm into him for superficial reasons. And besides, I'll be making my own damn money thank you very much.

Gumshoe, I pity you if the type of girl you're going after is attracted to you because of your "future prospects and stability". Are you missing something else for women to be attracted to? Personality maybe?

You are missing the ENTIRE point. All I'm saying is that IT HELPS to have that type of career. If you don't think that $ and stability are a majorly attractive quality of men in women's eyes, then you are just not living in the real world. For example:

What if I know someone who knows a girl that is cool and she mentions my name as a guy who is single. Now, if she says this guy is a (insert ordinary job, not good, not bad, just ordinary) the girl will just be like "whatever" in most cases. However, if she says that her friend is in med school, etc. I might get a chance to meet a girl that is fly that otherwise wouldn't have given the random meeting the chance. THEN I can prove to her that I am a nice guy, show my personality, whatever you want and if that works and we get along, great. I think this shows my point. YOU KNOW it's true.

I was never banking on getting females just by being a Dr. someday and never said that I was either ... I just have to point out that it is a NICE benefit of being a med student. If you don't think I have a greater chance of meeting someone by being a med student, then taking it to another level from there (dependent on my personality, looks, etc.) then you are just flat out insane. I'm telling it how it is.

Please don't assume that I am becoming a doctor for wrong reasons. I am stating that since I have chosen this route, if I get in, it would indeed help me in some WAY (greater quantity of girls to select from). You know it to be true.

That is all.

Gumshoe

I don't think women(especially Tweety) should become doctors. They should stay home and rest up for their man to come home from work and take care of him.

Know your role, now stop wasting my time and make me a sandwich!

I'm not excatly an expert on romance, but here are my thoughts. There are a few girls who do want to marry a guy who is going to be prestigious or rich or whatever. But I think most girls just want to marry someone who is intelligent and accomplishes what they set out to do. No intelligent girl wants to date an idiot or a guy with all sorts of lofty ambitions who never follows through. I'm planning on either practicing in the third world and I want a guy who shares that same interest. I'll admit a pre-dental or pre-medical student who is already getting accepted is attractive because they are intelligent and obviously willing to work hard. A lot of people say they're going to be doctors, not all that many get there. I wouldn't mind marrying an intelligent guy who wanted to be a pastor or teach chemistry or whatever, it's all about an intelligent strong Christian guy, but I'm not saying if a guy came along and told me he wanted to be a surgeon in a third world country my heart wouldn't throb:)

Originally posted by alphabeta53
I don't think women(especially Tweety) should become doctors. They should stay home and rest up for their man to come home from work and take care of him.

Know your role, now stop wasting my time and make me a sandwich!

you idiot, don't h8 on my tweety! +pissed+ +pissed+ :mad:

Originally posted by mashce
I'm not excatly an expert on romance, but here are my thoughts. There are a few girls who do want to marry a guy who is going to be prestigious or rich or whatever. But I think most girls just want to marry someone who is intelligent and accomplishes what they set out to do. No intelligent girl wants to date an idiot or a guy with all sorts of lofty ambitions who never follows through. I'm planning on either practicing in the third world and I want a guy who shares that same interest. I'll admit a pre-dental or pre-medical student who is already getting accepted is attractive because they are intelligent and obviously willing to work hard. A lot of people say they're going to be doctors, not all that many get there. I wouldn't mind marrying an intelligent guy who wanted to be a pastor or teach chemistry or whatever, it's all about an intelligent strong Christian guy, but I'm not saying if a guy came along and told me he wanted to be a surgeon in a third world country my heart wouldn't throb:)

Male, seeking intelligent strong Christian female to help practice medicine in a third world country.

:love: :love: :love:

Yeah, too bad I don't know any nice Christian guys. All of the people at my church are either under 12 or over 30. I think I'm the only college student who goes there.

Blitzkrieg, are you also incredibly handsome and living near Arkansas?:)

Sorry to sound completely computer illiterate, but what does PM mean?

private message....You go to UA-LR?

No, I got to UA Fayetteville, how about you?

Gumshoe, you ignorant slut! (man-o-man, I love the name calling)

Exene could give you a thirty minute lecture on why (in the world of natural selection and all that) it is advantageous for a woman to select a stable, solvent, symmetrical mate. I don't disagree.

What I take issue with is the OP's original message which I understood to be: I'm going to med school, hot chicks dig docs, therefore I'm gonna score. WAS that the original message?

Then I went on to think of the asswipe doc/husbands I know and I how I actually feel sorry for their wives. There isn't enough money in the world to make me put up with what they do. But I guess if I had the choice between a mentally ill dumpster diver and a rich doc with a huuuuuuuge ego.......I'd have to take the doc.....

Originally posted by Ma!
Gumshoe, you ignorant slut! (man-o-man, I love the name calling)

Exene could give you a thirty minute lecture on why (in the world of natural selection and all that) it is advantageous for a woman to select a stable, solvent, symmetrical mate. I don't disagree.

What I take issue with is the OP's original message which I understood to be: I'm going to med school, hot chicks dig docs, therefore I'm gonna score. WAS that the original message?

Then I went on to think of the asswipe doc/husbands I know and I how I actually feel sorry for their wives. There isn't enough money in the world to make me put up with what they do. But I guess if I had the choice between a mentally ill dumpster diver and a rich doc with a huuuuuuuge ego.......I'd have to take the doc.....

hahahahah! are you really a mom! Exene, you lucky girl! :)

Teaching chemistry is of lower intellect?! Remember these college professors have taken advanced courses in the physical sciences to get there. Not all doctors can do math and physics at that level!

I am a med student and have met classmates that did not do well in non-calculus based physics. Imagine to get a master's in chemistry or physics, you have to do much better than that. Not to mention, you have to do well in sophisticated math too.

Interesting, many people in my med school have significant others who are not physicians. Here are some examples: One in the fourth year class is married to a physical oceanographer; he happens to be a post-doc at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute. Her classmates are impressed with that. One, in the third year class is married to a planetologist phd student. My classmate is married to a geophysicist, researching Earth Magnetic Fields.
[/QUOTE]
I think you're confused... I didn't say Chemistry was for people of lower intellect nor do I think that about pastors... I was just providing specific examples for my statement that pre-med guys are not necessarily more attractive to girls.
P.S. I'm a Chemistry major myself... I know we're not of "lower intellect"

So, in explicitly stating that your perfect man must be Christian, are you saying:
1) That you are too superficial to note that people with other belief systems can be strong, intelligent, and warm hearted?
2) That you are too weak to manage spending your life with a person who doesn't believe what you do?
3) That you are too closed-minded to accept other possibilities?
4) That you are so much of a bigot that you would not possibly marry outside of your own religion?

I personally despise any implied statement that a person is good simply because they are Christian. You must consider actions over a reported belief system. :(

~AS1~

Girls that dig premed guys are naive or just plain stupid. Guys that use the premed thing to get girls are losers.

Anyone can say they are premed but how many stay premed all 4 years and of those how many get into medical school?

Once you're in med school then girls should be impressed by that!

Don't front cause until you've made it don't push the premed crap.

Personally I disagree with the OP. Why would a girl date a premed when she can just cut the bullsh*t and date a doctor?

Why should she date someone starting out as a premed when she can date someone who is applying (and prolly already has an acceptance?)

Don't forget that girls are looking for the BBD. Bigger Better Deal.