I got rejection letter from LECOM?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

btslove1234

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a sophomore in college and few weeks ago I applied from early acceptance for Dental school in LECOM. The early acceptance only wanted my current college GPA and my High School GPA and SAT score but they didn't ask for any volunteer work or anything.
my college gpa: 3.69
highschool gpa: 3.5
sat: 1190
My school is connected with LECOM that says "students qualify for their Early Acceptance Program (EAP), which grants qualified students with a provisional letter of acceptance. The provisional letter allows the student to have a reserved seat to one of LECOM's professional schools upon completion of a successful interview. " <-- doesn't it mean that I have a grantee interview. But today when I looked at the my email it says I got rejected for an interview and didn't meet their requirements. it just don't understand why I got rejected.

Members don't see this ad.

No one here will understand either. Contact the representative and ask for feedback

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I'm pretty sure it's because your SAT score is too low. Do they allow an 1190 to apply? That's only 74th percentile (and I'm not dissing your score, I actually got that exact same percentile) but they're probably looking for ~85th percentile+ to demonstrate your potential to succeed in a program like that.
I get that but their requirements where at least 1170

I get that but their requirements where at least 1170

1170 to apply
just because you can apply doesn't mean you will get accepted
they have a limited amount of interviews they can do, regular admissions

sorry to hear, but you still have a shot during regular admissions