i got rochester rejection: anyone else

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newdude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my numbers are same as theirs, so what's the dealio.

and i got good extracurriculars.

and the worst part is, i think i called them few days ago to say i'll be in the area, they said we'll make a note of it.

talk about "making note of it"

Members don't see this ad.

newdude said:
my numbers are same as theirs, so what's the dealio.

and i got good extracurriculars.

Yup, I got rejected too. For what it's worth, having the numbers doesn't mean an interview. There are probably 1500 candidates who have numbers within 0.1 GPA and +- 1 MCAT who applied to Rochester. They only interview 600.

What I've learned thus far is getting interviews is not a science unless you are one of the few candidates in the 95% where you are almost certain to receive several interview invites.

How were you notified of your rejections? I only ask because I'm expecting to get one anyday now, I've been complete there since early September and haven't heard a thing from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the rejection too yesterday. I don't think I would have gone there anyway.

p.s. got it via snail mail. Funny thing is they haven't updated their online status check yet.

Yep, snail mail. I got it on Thursday (11/10).

My first real experience of how random and unpredictable this process is!

I've been complete since August and not rejected or an interview. I would really like some communication one way or the other. Now that I type this i bet I get a rejection Monday :p

they're my first rejection. all of my friends got rejected too, no one i know has ever interviewed there. oh well, didn't really want to go there anyway and they probably knew it.

Risa said:

Wow, that is a whole lotta interviews! What is your top choice Risa?

Got the rejection too. Meh.

kirexhana said:
all of my friends got rejected too, no one i know has ever interviewed there.

thats kinda weird. do you know a lot of people? i know of one person interviewing there.
-mota

Risa said:

You're probably overqualified Risa, that is my guess.

Thanks thegenius, you sound like my mommy :).

I'm also cool with the fact that Rochester may have just not liked the cut of my jib. Heehee, jib! :laugh:

i heard they were a cool school but apparently too cool for me.........booo....... :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected too...on 11/12...I have higher stats than their avg too.

Got my letter yesterday on my desk. bleh. add another one to my growing pile of rejections...

thegenius said:
You're probably overqualified Risa, that is my guess.

yeah, i have to agree here. Risa, you got into PITT...just see this as them having done you a favor. :thumbup:

I have heard they are a pretty nice school with some great programs.

Gracey103 said:
I got rejected too...on 11/12...I have higher stats than their avg too.

So do I- they can $#%! themselves as far as I am concerned.

I wouldn't enjoy life in that frozen tundra anyway. What a waste of $$$

I interviewed at Rochester in early September, and I am on their waiting list. I hate waiting lists.

I'm actually thankful that Rochester actually sent out a rejection notice. Now I don't have to think about them anymore.

I appreciate schools who actually keep upto date with the admissions process. I know it's difficult for schools, especially some that receive >= 5K apps, but it's part of the job and responsibilities for a medical school. Applicants pay up to thousands of dollars during this process and it's nice to know that an application is COMPLETE within a reasonable amount of time.

thegenius said:
I'm actually thankful that Rochester actually sent out a rejection notice. Now I don't have to think about them anymore.

I appreciate schools who actually keep upto date with the admissions process. I know it's difficult for schools, especially some that receive >= 5K apps, but it's part of the job and responsibilities for a medical school. Applicants pay up to thousands of dollars during this process and it's nice to know that an application is COMPLETE within a reasonable amount of time.

Question for everyone... does your status page still say complete. I have been complete the first day possible (July 20th or so) at U of R and never got a rejection. Do you think there is still a chance of interview if someone has been complete this long? Now I am confused...

Received one yesterday. I have quite a collection now.

went away for interviews on the east coast over the weekend
when i got back, i found the tiny envelope in the pile of mail :(

So I was complete back in July and have yet to hear from them! I expected something this week (like you guys) but apparently not. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm not getting an interview (they would've invited me a long time ago) but where's my rejection letter?? Anyone who was complete in July still not get a rejection or invitation?

coco said:
So I was complete back in July and have yet to hear from them! I expected something this week (like you guys) but apparently not. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm not getting an interview (they would've invited me a long time ago) but where's my rejection letter?? Anyone who was complete in July still not get a rejection or invitation?

haha. you sound disappointed to not have a rejection.
-mota

DaMota said:
-mota

I put this on another post COCO. I have been complete since mid July and nothing. I dont know what it means... perhaps we still have a chance and perhaps our letters are just getting enveloped now, who knows?

coco said:

woops.

DaMota said:
-mota
lol I do don't I!! haha

but seriously it's cuz I hate being in this limbo...it's like..ok i know rejections are out, I know interview invites have been given out...so where am I?? Same with Loyola, it's like, ok ur file will be reviewed again later so no invite, no rejection. Oh! maybe that's what's going on with Rochester also!

I dunno it's probably cuz I'm on the west coast and my mail is kinda slow...i'll probably get it tmrw. (that's what happened when I was waiting on Pritzker too lol, i kept wondering where it was until i finally got it-and I was disappointed! haha) I just feel like im out of the loop or smthg! lol