You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I got the rona. Ama.
Started by iamapharmacist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you didn't get the vaccine?
lets not open a can of worms......
Yes, I had mild cough. NP I saw thought I had a bronchitis initially but still wanted me to test for covid. Full blown symptoms such as fever, headache, bodyache, sore throat didn't start until 3 days after.Just curious, did you have symptoms before you got the test?
Hope you get over this soon!
No, I haven't. I wanted to wait. I'm not against the vaccine but just wanted to wait. I usually wait until November for my flu vaccine too. I guess I won't need it now hahayou didn't get the vaccine?
How long has it been? Hopefully it's just a mild case!
Had a mild cough for a couple of days. Severe symptoms on the third day which was when i got tested. Symptoms included excessive cough, fever ~100 but never above 100.9, malaise. Its been about a week since the coughing started. Been quarantined since last Friday and now its subsided. Just some annoying cough here and there.How long has it been? Hopefully it's just a mild case!
I honestly felt exactly the same when I had the flu about 10 years ago. The duration of symptoms are almost identical as well.
is it that interesting anymore? sorry but most of us know a lot of people who have had it and we've already AMA'd them.
i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?
i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?
AMA? what am I missing - all I know is "against medical advice"is it that interesting anymore? sorry but most of us know a lot of people who have had it and we've already AMA'd them.
i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?
gotcha -Ask
Me
Anything
I could ask the millions of Americans who got corona who didn't die
Great. Then you really didnt need to make a comment. Why do you even care if you aldreay AMA’d them?is it that interesting anymore? sorry but most of us know a lot of people who have had it and we've already AMA'd them.
i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?
It’s an ama but so far you have ignored the only poster who actually asked questions lol so what’s the real point of the thread?Great. Then you really didnt need to make a comment. Why do you even care if you aldreay AMA’d them?
Uhhhh what?It’s an ama but so far you have ignored the only poster who actually asked questions lol so what’s the real point of the thread?
Had a mild cough for a couple of days. Severe symptoms on the third day which was when i got tested. Symptoms included excessive cough, fever ~100 but never above 100.9, malaise. Its been about a week since the coughing started. Been quarantined since last Friday and now its subsided. Just some annoying cough here and there.
I honestly felt exactly the same when I had the flu about 10 years ago. The duration of symptoms are almost identical as well.
No, I haven't. I wanted to wait. I'm not against the vaccine but just wanted to wait. I usually wait until November for my flu vaccine too. I guess I won't need it now haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I had mild cough. NP I saw thought I had a bronchitis initially but still wanted me to test for covid. Full blown symptoms such as fever, headache, bodyache, sore throat didn't start until 3 days after.
Yeah... thats gonna be a no from me brah.It’s an ama but so far you have ignored the only poster who actually asked questions lol so what’s the real point of the thread?
Well it’s not an AMA thread if you won’t answer any questions lol
Again, what? I answered all the questions. Except for that one weirdo. Go away.Well it’s not an AMA thread if you won’t answer any questions lol
Hold up. Youre also @grumpyRph huh? Now it makes sense lolWell it’s not an AMA thread if you won’t answer any questions lol
Like i said, i was planning on getting it. Just not when it first came out. Even though i would have the natural antibodies i know it is still recommended that i get the vaccine.Luckily TX just removed the mask restriction.
Not that my opinion matters but getting vaccinated adds more protection against reinfection and variants if you had COVID.
When is a good time for anyone to get vaccinated?I mean getting it 8-10 months after you actually can isn't much of a sacrifice/compromise. It is a cop out.
I mean getting it 8-10 months after you actually can isn't much of a sacrifice/compromise. It is a cop out.
I agree..
I have some objective concerns related only to the long term “unknowns” of the new mRNA vaccines. However I completed my first dose on December 23rd and second on January 14th. I was one of the earliest in the country to get it despite my concerns for long term data. I was fairly confident in the short term data.
My rationale was pretty simple - it’s either get it now or wait 10 years for that data to actually show itself. I figured I better just get with the program, get onboard, and hope for the best.
I still retain my reservations about covid vaccine in healthy pregnant women - but that’s just me and my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions right? They are like a$$holes, everyone has them...
Last edited:
This recent news may remove some of your reservations on Covid vaccination in pregnancy: https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(21)00098-3/fulltextI agree..
I have some objective concerns related only to the long term “unknowns” of the new mRNA vaccines. However I completed my first dose on December 23rd and second on January 14th. I was one of the earliest in the country to get it despite my concerns for long term data. I was fairly confident in the short term data.
My rationale was pretty simple - it’s either get it now or wait 10 years for that data to actually show itself. I figured I better just get with the program, get onboard, and hope for the best.
I still retain my reservations about covid vaccine in healthy pregnant women - but that’s just me and my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions right? They are like a$$holes, everyone has them...
I've heard of many pregnancies complicated by Covid and possible increased risk of miscarriage as well. The data isn't fully in yet, but from what I've seen here and there, Covid does not mesh well with a healthy pregnancy.
This recent news may remove some of your reservations on Covid vaccination in pregnancy: https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(21)00098-3/fulltext
I've heard of many pregnancies complicated by Covid and possible increased risk of miscarriage as well. The data isn't fully in yet, but from what I've seen here and there, Covid does not mesh well with a healthy pregnancy.
The expert opinion is currently mixed with more of the prominent organizations pro than against.
With that said - I certainly respect and value a pro vaccination for pregnancy position. I support an educated personal decision in this case. You will never see me try to talk a pregnant woman out of an mRNA vaccine.
I haven't been vaxed and am a long way from qualifying, but I believe that I had it before it hit the news. I had a mild "cold" that went away after a few days, and then came back, and when I heard about the disease recrudescing, that's when I suspected I had it.
No, I have not been antibody tested.
No, I have not been antibody tested.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably when it's available to you? Depending on how recently you've had Covid, antibody infusions, etc. of course.When is a good time for anyone to get vaccinated?
Or you could be like some of the crazies around here walking around talking about microchips and refusing vaccination.
Ok. Thanks. Not that I’ll listen to your advice lol.Probably when it's available to you? Depending on how recently you've had Covid, antibody infusions, etc. of course.
Or you could be like some of the crazies around here walking around talking about microchips and refusing vaccination.
Pretty sure I got it just before it was a thing....went home early one day.early January 2020...then a few days later got nailed..hot, cold just nasty sick...If I had known about the new bug I would have made notes...then it went away poof. A few weeks ago my son tested + but wife and I tested negative.. I'm up for the shot next week (maybe) I worked yesterday and it was shots for eight solid hours (not me PTL) I'm interested to ask any long term G.I.'s how Covid has treated them...I have a theory that we have had so many shots...vaccines....inoculations...(beer ,booze etc. but I digress) so many times that protection is in place. I especially refer to Gamma Globulin (two-three?) times for me sort of a global protective? Maybe worth a study..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 551
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K