I got the rona. Ama.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamapharmacist

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Pcr test confirmed. Im rona positive. Let the quarantine begin.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, did you have symptoms before you got the test?

Hope you get over this soon!

Reactions: 1 users
you didn't get the vaccine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, did you have symptoms before you got the test?

Hope you get over this soon!
Yes, I had mild cough. NP I saw thought I had a bronchitis initially but still wanted me to test for covid. Full blown symptoms such as fever, headache, bodyache, sore throat didn't start until 3 days after.

you didn't get the vaccine?
No, I haven't. I wanted to wait. I'm not against the vaccine but just wanted to wait. I usually wait until November for my flu vaccine too. I guess I won't need it now haha

How long has it been? Hopefully it's just a mild case!

How long has it been? Hopefully it's just a mild case!
Had a mild cough for a couple of days. Severe symptoms on the third day which was when i got tested. Symptoms included excessive cough, fever ~100 but never above 100.9, malaise. Its been about a week since the coughing started. Been quarantined since last Friday and now its subsided. Just some annoying cough here and there.

I honestly felt exactly the same when I had the flu about 10 years ago. The duration of symptoms are almost identical as well.

is it that interesting anymore? sorry but most of us know a lot of people who have had it and we've already AMA'd them.

i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?

is it that interesting anymore? sorry but most of us know a lot of people who have had it and we've already AMA'd them.

i guess i'm curious as to how you think you got it. were u still wearing a mask? did u do something wreckless? like indoor dining lol. do u live with anyone and are they afraid of you?
AMA? what am I missing - all I know is "against medical advice"

Ask

Me

Anything

I could ask the millions of Americans who got corona who didn't die

Reactions: 2 users

Great. Then you really didnt need to make a comment. Why do you even care if you aldreay AMA’d them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great. Then you really didnt need to make a comment. Why do you even care if you aldreay AMA’d them?
It’s an ama but so far you have ignored the only poster who actually asked questions lol so what’s the real point of the thread?

It’s an ama but so far you have ignored the only poster who actually asked questions lol so what’s the real point of the thread?
Uhhhh what?

Had a mild cough for a couple of days. Severe symptoms on the third day which was when i got tested. Symptoms included excessive cough, fever ~100 but never above 100.9, malaise. Its been about a week since the coughing started. Been quarantined since last Friday and now its subsided. Just some annoying cough here and there.

I honestly felt exactly the same when I had the flu about 10 years ago. The duration of symptoms are almost identical as well.

No, I haven't. I wanted to wait. I'm not against the vaccine but just wanted to wait. I usually wait until November for my flu vaccine too. I guess I won't need it now haha

Luckily TX just removed the mask restriction.

Not that my opinion matters but getting vaccinated adds more protection against reinfection and variants if you had COVID.

Last edited:
Luckily TX just removed the mask restriction.

Not that my opinion matters but getting vaccinated adds more protection against reinfection and variants if you had COVID.
Like i said, i was planning on getting it. Just not when it first came out. Even though i would have the natural antibodies i know it is still recommended that i get the vaccine.

I mean getting it 8-10 months after you actually can isn't much of a sacrifice/compromise. It is a cop out.

This thread is embarrassing...

• Haha
I mean getting it 8-10 months after you actually can isn't much of a sacrifice/compromise. It is a cop out.

I agree..

I have some objective concerns related only to the long term “unknowns” of the new mRNA vaccines. However I completed my first dose on December 23rd and second on January 14th. I was one of the earliest in the country to get it despite my concerns for long term data. I was fairly confident in the short term data.

My rationale was pretty simple - it’s either get it now or wait 10 years for that data to actually show itself. I figured I better just get with the program, get onboard, and hope for the best.

I still retain my reservations about covid vaccine in healthy pregnant women - but that’s just me and my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions right? They are like a$$holes, everyone has them...

Last edited:
I agree..

I have some objective concerns related only to the long term “unknowns” of the new mRNA vaccines. However I completed my first dose on December 23rd and second on January 14th. I was one of the earliest in the country to get it despite my concerns for long term data. I was fairly confident in the short term data.

My rationale was pretty simple - it’s either get it now or wait 10 years for that data to actually show itself. I figured I better just get with the program, get onboard, and hope for the best.

I still retain my reservations about covid vaccine in healthy pregnant women - but that’s just me and my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions right? They are like a$$holes, everyone has them...
This recent news may remove some of your reservations on Covid vaccination in pregnancy: https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(21)00098-3/fulltext

I've heard of many pregnancies complicated by Covid and possible increased risk of miscarriage as well. The data isn't fully in yet, but from what I've seen here and there, Covid does not mesh well with a healthy pregnancy.

This recent news may remove some of your reservations on Covid vaccination in pregnancy: https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-9378(21)00098-3/fulltext
I've heard of many pregnancies complicated by Covid and possible increased risk of miscarriage as well. The data isn't fully in yet, but from what I've seen here and there, Covid does not mesh well with a healthy pregnancy.

The expert opinion is currently mixed with more of the prominent organizations pro than against.

With that said - I certainly respect and value a pro vaccination for pregnancy position. I support an educated personal decision in this case. You will never see me try to talk a pregnant woman out of an mRNA vaccine.

I haven't been vaxed and am a long way from qualifying, but I believe that I had it before it hit the news. I had a mild "cold" that went away after a few days, and then came back, and when I heard about the disease recrudescing, that's when I suspected I had it.

No, I have not been antibody tested.

Rhinovirus is far more contagious than beervirus so without confirmatory testing you wouldn't really know with a mild case

Flu got stamped out but not other respiratory viruses

When is a good time for anyone to get vaccinated?
Probably when it's available to you? Depending on how recently you've had Covid, antibody infusions, etc. of course.

Or you could be like some of the crazies around here walking around talking about microchips and refusing vaccination.

Probably when it's available to you? Depending on how recently you've had Covid, antibody infusions, etc. of course.

Or you could be like some of the crazies around here walking around talking about microchips and refusing vaccination.
Ok. Thanks. Not that I’ll listen to your advice lol.

Pretty sure I got it just before it was a thing....went home early one day.early January 2020...then a few days later got nailed..hot, cold just nasty sick...If I had known about the new bug I would have made notes...then it went away poof. A few weeks ago my son tested + but wife and I tested negative.. I'm up for the shot next week (maybe) I worked yesterday and it was shots for eight solid hours (not me PTL) I'm interested to ask any long term G.I.'s how Covid has treated them...I have a theory that we have had so many shots...vaccines....inoculations...(beer ,booze etc. but I digress) so many times that protection is in place. I especially refer to Gamma Globulin (two-three?) times for me sort of a global protective? Maybe worth a study..