i had a dream

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marctam86

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and in this dream, my First Choice School was sending out admissions decisions by messenger pigeons. I was waiting for my pigeon to arrive, but it never did, so I went over to the school, up onto the roof. I saw the pigeon cage, and there was my pigeon, dead! More ominous was the letter it was carrying, which read: "Marc, making a decision about you was very difficult." That was all the letter said.

Has anyone else had similar dreams? I'm a little annoyed that my anxiety over the process weighed so heavily upon my subconscious, but I'm also happy I had a dream involving messenger pigeons.

Members don't see this ad.

and in this dream, my First Choice School was sending out admissions decisions by messenger pigeons. I was waiting for my pigeon to arrive, but it never did, so I went over to the school, up onto the roof. I saw the pigeon cage, and there was my pigeon, dead! More ominous was the letter it was carrying, which read: "Marc, making a decision about you was very difficult." That was all the letter said.

Has anyone else had similar dreams? I'm a little annoyed that my anxiety over the process weighed so heavily upon my subconscious, but I'm also happy I had a dream involving messenger pigeons.

Two nights ago, I dreamt that I received an acceptance letter from Harvard MSTP. Apparently they were so perturbed that I canceled my MD-only invite, that they wanted me all the more, and accepted me without interview...

Oh! I also dreamt that the University of Michigan's MSTP was held on my home school campus instead of Ann Arbor. (The rest of the med school and grad school were where they were supposed to be, but the MSTP was here.) In my dream, I even saw the med school dorms - It was all one building (this building does not actually exist) and the home school part was red brick but the Mich MSTP part was white brick. I couldn't help thinking "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I wanted a change of scenery!!!!!"

Here's a synopsis of what a pigeon in a dream means (courtesy of swoon.com):

Pigeon

A dream of pigeons flying is a prophecy of important changes ahead brought about by news from a distance. Pigeons on the ground signify minor family troubles, but sitting on ledges or windowsills, they are fortunate for love affairs. If you dreamed of feeding pigeons or watching them eat, you can expect to be preoccupied shortly with some unanticipated but temporary financial problem.

...now get some rest, Marctam Luther King :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I've been having these dreams about Northwestern like I'm pining for some girl in junior high... It's actually quite disturbing how much I have a crush on that school. It's like every little message I get from them I store in a little email folder with a heart on it...

Well, that's a bit of hyperbole, but I guess you guys get the picture...

another dream!

i was sitting in a classroom, and the way we found out whether we got in columbia or not was in the form of getting a test back. if rejected, you got a big red, circled "R". I got an R on mine, but then I looked and it was someone else's name. Close call.

im tempted to call columbia rather than risk more nightmares!

another dream!

i was sitting in a classroom, and the way we found out whether we got in columbia or not was in the form of getting a test back. if rejected, you got a big red, circled "R". I got an R on mine, but then I looked and it was someone else's name. Close call.

im tempted to call columbia rather than risk more nightmares!

Poor Marctam! :luck:

Speaking of which, does anyone know when Columbia's MSTP decisions will be mailed out? I thought we were supposed to hear around mid-February, or two weeks before the MD-only applicants. Well, March 1 is about a week away... and still no word... :confused:

Poor Marctam! :luck:

Speaking of which, does anyone know when Columbia's MSTP decisions will be mailed out? I thought we were supposed to hear around mid-February, or two weeks before the MD-only applicants. Well, March 1 is about a week away... and still no word... :confused:

Stacy Warren told me they were mailed out last Tuesday and Wednesday. So decisions should be in transit.

Ummm...

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared: