I hate angle ranking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Judajudo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Just venting here.

I'm not sure why I am so bad at this section. I tried all the methods and nothing really seems to stick.

Members don't see this ad.

I was the same way. Up until a couple weeks ago I would also get around a 6/15. I never really liked the rapid glance technique, but now I use it and just trust my gut. When things get tough, I'll cover the two angles with my thumb down to the vertex and see which is better with rapid glance. Give it a shot. I haven't missed a single angle question on full length test 1,2, or 3 using these methods. Haven't done laptop or hill for any of these tests, only the methods I just told you. Other than that, I just say practice practice practice.

EDIT: You cannot touch the screen on the actual test so nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the same way. Up until a couple weeks ago I would also get around a 6/15. I never really liked the rapid glance technique, but now I use it and just trust my gut. When things get tough, I'll cover the two angles with my thumb down to the vertex and see which is better with rapid glance. Give it a shot. I haven't missed a single angle question on full length test 1,2, or 3 using these methods. Haven't done laptop or hill for any of these tests, only the methods I just told you. Other than that, I just say practice practice practice.
I would be careful with that. Touching the screen is warned against by the ADA... you may be able to get away with it at your testing center, but it sounds very risky.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.28.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 10.28.09 PM.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't we all!

Hey I need to add to that, I watched pat academy on angle ranking, and Juel warned of touching the screen
He said something like, it not worth it to lose all your test for that points on Angle ranking

I thought we aren't allowed to cover up or touch the screen during the actual exam?

Also, I have the exact same issue, I am doing pretty well on all other sections but for angles im getting like 5-9/15 right lol. I've tried different techniques but nothing seems to work when all the angles are rotated in different ways

Since you can't touch the screen, do you all think you'd be able to do an air-thumb thing? I'm talking like a foot or so from the monitor so that you're not that "I'm not technically touching it" kid. Tried it on a few angles just now and it kinda works... might be good for a pinch