I Hate This Class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

htyotispharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everybody

I'm just writing to let off a little steam. I just failed a test in my Profession Practice Skills class(Research,Journal Analysis). My teacher is such a $%&*head.

Good Day mates

Members don't see this ad.

We called it Drug Lit. Bad class no matter where you take it, but at least our prof wasn't big into exams. He liked weekly quizzes, papers, and a large term paper. Pick your poison... Paper or exam?

Members don't see this ad :)
oh no
Drug Lit Sucked the worst by far!!!

Always thought it was funny that when a person does well on exams, he/she takes credit for the score. Yet the same person will blame a poor score on someone else (i.e. instructor, professor). I'll bet there were people who scored well on the same exam you took...

Pilot said:
Always thought it was funny that when a person does well on exams, he/she takes credit for the score. Yet the same person will blame a poor score on someone else (i.e. instructor, professor). I'll bet there were people who scored well on the same exam you took...

:laugh: No offense but I doubt that is what the poster was looking for!

There is always SOMEONE who does well on every test. That doesn't mean the tests aren't completely horrible OR that the teacher was a good teacher!

If someone is a good teacher then you know it. Everyone knows it no matter how badly you fail a test.

Reactions: 1 user
I really could care less what he/she says. I'm not here to argue with anyone.

ok so get this...
last year when i took pharmacology we had to know specific ADRs for specific drugs not classes but drugs...
NOW this year....
they have changed it. you have to know what drugs are in which class but you just learn about the class.

Yes i think this is a more effective way to learn pharmacology but it sucks that we had 13 people fail the class last year and now its like 500000000 times easier

they should have to suffer too!

actually i think the teachers hate my class

bbmuffin said:
ok so get this...
last year when i took pharmacology we had to know specific ADRs for specific drugs not classes but drugs...
NOW this year....
they have changed it. you have to know what drugs are in which class but you just learn about the class.

Yes i think this is a more effective way to learn pharmacology but it sucks that we had 13 people fail the class last year and now its like 500000000 times easier

they should have to suffer too!

actually i think the teachers hate my class
Could I offer you a kleenex? :laugh:

bbmuffin said:
ok so get this...
NOW this year....

Don't feel bad. We still have to learn individual drugs ADRs at UF. We do it class by class, so we have to know specifics by class and then specifics by drug within that class. At least they have all the courses coordinated - med chem, pharmacology, & therapeutics, so we are on the page within each course or close to it. That makes it easier to learn.

Dana

dgroulx said:
At least they have all the courses coordinated - med chem, pharmacology, & therapeutics, so we are on the page within each course or close to it. That makes it easier to learn.

Dana

Our school is trying the same thing with the coordinated classes. I've found it REALLY helps having med chem and pharmacology running on the same track. :)

kleenex will not be necessary but i would like some cheese.....

we try to coordinate our classes the first two years but nothing to the extent that mercer has with block scheduling...
someone who does that should tell us all about it..