I hate when people ask me where I'm going to dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinetar321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
and I DONT HAVE AN ANSWER FOR THEM!

GAH! I absolutely can't stand having to tell them that after 8 months of waiting, I'm still checking AADSAS every single day, whoring SDN for news and predents. This is the worst torture imaginable. Yes, I've put down a deposit at Tufts, but I'm waitlisted at UMD and Columbia, in addition to waiting on VCU. I really hope I'm not alone in this sad little experiment for possibly the next 3 or 4 months waiting on schools to either accept me off a waitlist or reject me. Wow it feels really good to vent.

Members don't see this ad.

and i dont have an answer for them!

Gah! I absolutely can't stand having to tell them that after 8 months of waiting, i'm still checking aadsas every single day, whoring sdn for news and predents. This is the worst torture imaginable. Yes, i've put down a deposit at tufts, but i'm waitlisted at umd and columbia, in addition to waiting on vcu. I really hope i'm not alone in this sad little experiment for possibly the next 3 or 4 months waiting on schools to either accept me off a waitlist or reject me. Wow it feels really good to vent.
+:). But I am still happy that I got accepted at all.

GAH! I absolutely can't stand having to tell them that after 8 months of waiting, I'm still checking AADSAS every single day, whoring SDN for news and predents. This is the worst torture imaginable. Yes, I've put down a deposit at Tufts, but I'm waitlisted at UMD and Columbia, in addition to waiting on VCU. I really hope I'm not alone in this sad little experiment for possibly the next 3 or 4 months waiting on schools to either accept me off a waitlist or reject me. Wow it feels really good to vent.

Your answer should be: "I'm an annoying little spoiled brat that's just glad to be going to dental school."

Members don't see this ad :)
Did I say I wasn't glad to be going to dental school. No. Don't even try to paint the picture that I'm spoiled, because I'm not. Spoiled people are given everything without their own merit. I worked for everything I've gotten, so choose your words more carefully next time, chief.

Your answer should be: "I'm an annoying little spoiled brat that's just glad to be going to dental school."

Nice personal attack. Very classy.

If I was in the op's shoes, I would just say "I've been accepted to Tufts, so it's likely I'll be going there. However, there's still a possibility that I'll be accepted to a school that fits me better like (insert list) so it's still up in the air a little bit. Ask me again in (insert time line)."

Just tell 'em "Well I have been accepted to Tufts and put a deposit down, but I am keeping my options open to hear from school X, Y, Z"...really, it could be a lot worse by not having any acceptances at all. Just be glad you won't have to go through the application process again (that is like the biggest relief to me)!

If you post your address we might be able to send you some sympathy cards.

honestly pinetar, some of us havnt gotten in anywhere. your post, while it may have come from being frustrated and anxious, was completely selfish, childish and um, dumb. Perhaps we worked as hard and maybe even harder than you. im not calling you spoiled like the others just dumb. grow up and think before you hit submit new thread.

If I were you, I would just assume Tufts is the only school I am focusing and attending as of this moment. I mean it's a good school in a great city. Stop worrying about the schools you got waitlisted at.

If you got accepted to a school you want to attend MORE later on then that's great!!! Take that as a pleasant surprise. What's yours will be yours, if not then it's not meant to be. Right now, Tufts IS yours and you should really treasure that opportunity cause A LOT of people have not gotten in anywhere this cycle and will have to reapply for 2nd or 3rd times next year.

Yes the waiting game sucks cause I played that with SF for 6 months only to be rejected so I feel your frustration. Bottom line is, we're going to dental school this summer so we shouldn't really be that frustrated with our situation:thumbup:!!!!

yeah well if you're mad about it, go write poetry. My opinion is my own and if you don't like it, thats your right. I write my own thoughts about what I'm experiencing and I can't pretend to know what its like not to get in anywhere. This is a public forum on the internet. Don't expect nicely-pressed, politically-correct, sensitive threads all the time. You don't have to read them if you don't want to, but if it makes you feel better calling me childish or selfish, knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me. I feel better after having started this thread, because it allows me to vent a bit. Heck, it might make the next few weeks of waiting go by just a little bit faster. Now instead of insulting someone on the INTERNET that you have never met, just because you don't like what they have to say, think about clicking REPLY. Kay?

Thanks for the words of encouragement, peerless. : )

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah well if you're mad about it, go write poetry. My opinion is my own and if you don't like it, thats your right. I write my own thoughts about what I'm experiencing and I can't pretend to know what its like not to get in anywhere. This is a public forum on the internet. Don't expect nicely-pressed, politically-correct, sensitive threads all the time. You don't have to read them if you don't want to, but if it makes you feel better calling me childish or selfish, knock yourself out. It doesn't bother me. I feel better after having started this thread, because it allows me to vent a bit. Heck, it might make the next few weeks of waiting go by just a little bit faster. Now instead of insulting someone on the INTERNET that you have never met, just because you don't like what they have to say, think about clicking REPLY. Kay?

wah, wah, wah. +pity+

Disclaimer: This is not an attack on the OP

What's wrong with Tufts? Like peerless218 said it is a good school in a great city. IMO Tufts is a great school in a great city. The OP should be stoked to have the opportunity to attend there. I feel very glad to have chosen to attend there over some other attractive options.

Good luck to everyone else that is waiting! The OP does bring out a good point about how the waiting game is no fun and I feel bad for some of my close friends that are in that situation right now.

Oh, thin ice pinetar. Just think of it this way: someone posts a thread saying, "I got into 8 schools on December 1st! Help me decide!" Now, congrats to them for all their hard work for so many acceptances, but when your phone didn't ring on December 1st and you didn't get any interviews by then, its kinda hard to be genuinely happy for that person. Call it jealousy 'cause it is.

So, now that the game has progressed to mid/late March, the front page of SDN's predental page is no longer "Class of 2014!!!" threads, but threads asking about any movement on waitlists. I know you are frustrated at the waiting game, but some kids are praying for an INTERVIEW this late in the game.

Congrats on your acceptance and multiple interviews, but shut your face. Be a little sensitive to those that are starting to study for the DAT for a second and third time and anticipating another application cycle. One acceptance? Boo hoo.

Oh, thin ice pinetar. Just think of it this way: someone posts a thread saying, "I got into 8 schools on December 1st! Help me decide!" Now, congrats to them for all their hard work for so many acceptances, but when your phone didn't ring on December 1st and you didn't get any interviews by then, its kinda hard to be genuinely happy for that person. Call it jealousy 'cause it is.

So, now that the game has progressed to mid/late March, the front page of SDN's predental page is no longer "Class of 2014!!!" threads, but threads asking about any movement on waitlists. I know you are frustrated at the waiting game, but some kids are praying for an INTERVIEW this late in the game.

Congrats on your acceptance and multiple interviews, but shut your face. Be a little sensitive to those that are starting to study for the DAT for a second and third time and anticipating another application cycle. One acceptance? Boo hoo.

Below is me and PSI!

:highfive:

sorry but can't see what you're complaining about

if you didn't get into any school and was frustrated then ok most of us would understand..

you tell us that we shouldn't have to be overtly nice and sensitive on a public internet forum then why cry for sympathy here?

i'm sure you just made a lot of people bitter with this thread

lol good job

Last edited:
sorry but can't see what you're complaining about

if you didn't get into any school and was frustrated then ok most of us would understand..

you tell us that we shouldn't have to be overtly nice and sensitive on a public internet forum then why cry for sympathy here?

i'm sure you just made a lot of people bitter with this thread

lol good job

agreed, don't rub it in

get a life!!!!!!! some people are out there looking for admission and would go to any school if given the chance. Stop been an ungrateful SOB.

It makes me sad how mean everyone is being to each other. :-(

This site should be about supporting your future classmates and colleagues. If you didn't get in this cycle.... IT'S OK!!! Maybe you're not ready. If your stats are within range then there must be something lacking (maturity perhaps?) Admissions commitees are not stupid. They can identify poor character.

pinetar,
I hear ya. It sucks to not know where you'll be living in six months. But kind of exciting too?

It makes me sad how mean everyone is being to each other. :-(

This site should be about supporting your future classmates and colleagues. If you didn't get in this cycle.... IT'S OK!!! Maybe you're not ready. If your stats are within range then there must be something lacking (maturity perhaps?) Admissions commitees are not stupid. They can identify poor character.

pinetar,
I hear ya. It sucks to not know where you'll be living in six months. But kind of exciting too?

sorry, nice try, how do you know anything about the character of any of us. this is not about character, but about common courtesy. like someone else said, just bank on living in boston. whats wrong with that? what was the objective of the op? the answer to his post is plain common sense. he was bored and wanted to post a new thread, pretty simple.:bullcrap:

sorry, nice try, how do you know anything about the character of any of us. this is not about character, but about common courtesy. like someone else said, just bank on living in boston. whats wrong with that? what was the objective of the op? the answer to his post is plain common sense. he was bored and wanted to post a new thread, pretty simple.:bullcrap:

Yep. This is pretty much it- the answer is common sense. If the point of this forum is to help each other, posting a new thread like this is clearly counter-productive.

I mean, does the OP have any self-awareness? If you really are struggling with this HORRIFIC decision, have the decency to realize that posting it in a pre-dental forum where many are still dying to get into just one school is bad judgment. Unfortunately, the competitive nature of many dental/med school applicants these days take on this sort of tone where they lose touch with reality, and fail to appreciate where they are in the process.

Guys, let's not bash OP, that's not nice~.
I think there are two types of people on SDN.
1. people who want to go to any dental schools.
2. people who have high standard and want to go to ivy dental schools.

I think OP falls into the 2nd category and there is nothing wrong with that.
Although it was his mistake for not concerning about people who are in the 1st category, we should still respect his position in my opinion.

he said, "worst torture imaginable":lol:

Stupidest thread ever seen on SDN.

It's posts like these that most people hate SDN.

I cant even explain how selfish, pointless, and stupid this thread is.

If I got into one school, and one school only i would be VERY appreciative.
Guess you never learned the art of appreciation in life.

And dont give the sob story of how hard you worked, bla bla bla

ALL OF US WORKED HARD!

Hey OP, where are you going to dental school? :laugh: hahahahaha

Sorry if that was torurous lol. On a serious note, Tufts is great so be happy.

Hmm... There are starving children in Africa, innocent civilians being tortured as we speak in Iraq, and poor ol' you, you have 2 acceptance letters and you don't know where you want to go.

yikes. that sounds worse than water boarding.

Guys, let's not bash OP, that's not nice~.
I think there are two types of people on SDN.
1. people who want to go to any dental schools.
2. people who have high standard and want to go to ivy dental schools.
I think OP falls into the 2nd category and there is nothing wrong with that.

That might be easier to accept if the gpa were of "high standard".

That might be easier to accept if the gpa were of "high standard".
I am actually surprised that he got that many interviews and acceptances with 3.2 GPA. I know a lot of people who have 3.2 GPA with 20+DAT but didn't get a single interview.

Wow. I guess the lesson to be learned here is don't express your feelings on SDN. Such an unsupportive community.....

I really hope those attacking the OP learn to have respect for others before they graduate dental school. You know in the future you're going to be seeing patient's who you may not agree with, right?

I wish dental schools required an interpersonal communications course as a prerequisite. There are ways to disagree without name-calling and belittling.

I am actually surprised that he got that many interviews and acceptances with 3.2 GPA. I know a lot of people who have 3.2 GPA with 20+DAT but didn't get a single interview.

well, 3.2 GPA isn't steller, but it isn't that bad either. Top it off with 21 DAT and 22 TS, and irrespective of what SDN members show, a score of 21 and above is NOT close to the national average. National average is about 17, and national acceptance is close to 19. I say he has the right stats for that many interviews

well, 3.2 GPA isn't steller, but it isn't that bad either. Top it off with 21 DAT and 22 TS, and irrespective of what SDN members show, a score of 21 and above is NOT close to the national average. National average is about 17, and national acceptance is close to 19. I say he has the right stats for that many interviews
I see...I just felt bad that two of my friends with 3.1 GPA and around 20DAT didn't get a single interview when they applied to over 20 schools...they are really good people... :( no offense to OP at all.

I see...I just felt bad that two of my friends with 3.1 GPA and around 20DAT didn't get a single interview when they applied to over 20 schools...they are really good people... :( no offense to OP at all.

Strange. They applied early I am assuming, with 3.1 and 20 DAT and 20+ schools and NOT a single interview? wtf.... they usually interview people with less stats than that. that sucks yo

wow this is quite a show we're putting on, guys. let me go grab some popcorn

3.2 at UVA is pretty solid

When I read the title, I thought the OP didn't get in anywhere, but he did... So what's the point?

Wow. I guess the lesson to be learned here is don't express your feelings on SDN. Such an unsupportive community.....

I really hope those attacking the OP learn to have respect for others before they graduate dental school. You know in the future you're going to be seeing patient's who you may not agree with, right?

I wish dental schools required an interpersonal communications course as a prerequisite. There are ways to disagree without name-calling and belittling.

seattle, are you pinetars mommy?

On a serious note , how long are you going to take to make the decision.. I assume until you hear something from the other schools but I could be wrong but its not like they tell you when your waitlisted if your not going to get in.. Just wondering because Im wait-listed and haven't been accepted anywhere yet just kinda in a little worse situation when I have to tell people im waitlisted and dont have a backup plan other than apply again

Stupidest thread ever seen on SDN.

It's posts like these that most people hate SDN.

I cant even explain how selfish, pointless, and stupid this thread is.

If I got into one school, and one school only i would be VERY appreciative.
Guess you never learned the art of appreciation in life.

And dont give the sob story of how hard you worked, bla bla bla

ALL OF US WORKED HARD!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I think at this point, everyone's just jumping on the "I hate the OP" bandwagon. Maybe the thread was a little insensitive, but c'mon, let it go...I don't think it was awful enough to warrant all the crazy personal attacks. I'm sure he's "learned a lesson", and we're all future professionals, so let's just learn to be more respectful of each other (OP included) and forgive and forget...just my 2c

:)

I think "personal attacks" are getting more frequent these days on SDN that all the acceptance and rejections letters are out. Let's be more careful and respect each other. No one is better than the others.

I think "personal attacks" are getting more frequent these days on SDN that all the acceptance and rejections letters are out. Let's be more careful and respect each other. No one is better than the others.

Seriously. I don't know what's up with SDN lately.

wow this is quite a show we're putting on, guys. let me go grab some popcorn

*munchmunchmunch* i've already got popcorn and floss. ;)

i can understand where both sides are coming from so i'll just sit back and remain quiet and neutral.