I have a CRAZY Idea!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How about a sticky at the top of the page leading that links to all the "What do you think about Harvard Upstairs Medical School?" threads that the Preallos post here?

Members don't see this ad.

Be careful, there are watchers everywhere.

Be careful, there are watchers everywhere.

SDN.jpg
:eek: :scared: :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what would be neat is if SDN had a mod feature where forum users could vote about the placement of particular threads. That way when a pre-allo thread (aka garbage, trash, scum) pops up here, we could vote it away to its proper place.

The common reasoning on the end of the preallo poster is, "Well, people in preallo don't respond to my thread // I wanted the insight of the allo people // I get better info for my preallo needs here". All of that is insufficient to justify bringing preallo threads to the allo forum. If you want the insight of the allo people, you should still post in pre-allo - sometimes we browse there (where your threads actually belong) and give you advice there. Moreover, your issues are still preallo concerns. A simple search in the appropriate place will probably render all the information you can possibly want. I'm just tired of seeing premeds posting preallo material here. See how long it took before trolling/trash-talk came up in that thread?

Another solution to this problem is to make cerb a "preallo ambassador" and give him the unrestricted power to move or kill preallo threads on any whim... but that's probably asking too much :laugh:

I agree ...it's annoying
I suggested in the forum support and suggestion forum that they create an "ask a med student" subforum in preallo or more actively monitor the posts in this forum and move the "preallo-ish" thread, but the only official response I got was to report the OP if threads needed to be moved.

i hear you guys, this forum is for current med students to discuss topics about med school. i just scanned the first page of the forum and moved 3 threads that didnt belong here over to pre-allo. once you see these types of threads just report them, we'll get them moved out soon after.

i'll post a forum announcement tomorrow letting the pre-allo folks know that they shouldn't post any advice threads here and should stick to posting them in pre-allo.

i hear you guys, this forum is for current med students to discuss topics about med school. i just scanned the first page of the forum and moved 3 threads that didnt belong here over to pre-allo. once you see these types of threads just report them, we'll get them moved out soon after.

i'll post a forum announcement tomorrow letting the pre-allo folks know that they shouldn't post any advice threads here and should stick to posting them in pre-allo.

It's seasonal. Near the end of the application season these goddamned things pop up like dandilions. Also happens to coincide with the final stretch of the medical school academic year, which, however, does not explain Cerberwuss's cantankerous attitude about it.

What does explain his rancor, you ask? Probably doesn't help that I am bound by the god Poseidon only to reciprocate his overtures at high tide.

It's seasonal. Near the end of the application season these goddamned things pop up like dandilions. Also happens to coincide with the final stretch of the medical school academic year, which, however, does not explain Cerberwuss's cantankerous attitude about it.

What does explain his rancor, you ask? Probably doesn't help that I am bound by the god Poseidon only to reciprocate his overtures at high tide.

You know I am cantankerous year round.

I agree ...it's annoying
I suggested in the forum support and suggestion forum that they create an "ask a med student" subforum in preallo

+1 from one of those annoying pre-meds who was looking for that exact thing today....