SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I have a great question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by shamthis, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Every now and then, when I check to see if my Albany or Buffalo AMCAS has been submitted to those schools, I see other schools updating my file- that is, it seems schools are uploading my file every now and then.

Does this mean something? You guys know what I am talking about? Does it happen to everyone,or does it mean a bunch of schools reviewed my file today?

Curious; no biggie.

ST

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Bikini Princess

Bikini Princess 7+ Year Member

May 26, 2002
    check the tranmission dates listed when click "print my application", in the form itself. those are the complete transmission dates.

4. Street Philosopher

Street Philosopher freebird 10+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2000
    ann arbor
    So are you going to ask your great question or not?

5. Haha. Seriosuly though. When you go to your AMCAS app, are all the "date transmitted" currently re-updating?

6. Street Philosopher

Street Philosopher freebird 10+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2000
    ann arbor
    Well I know that there are usually two transmission dates (one for unverified, one for the verified app). Not sure about any updates other than those two, but it's possible. Sorry I can't help you more than that.

7. samyjay

samyjay Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 17, 2002
    IL
    Straight from AMCAS regarding this issue

Dear Applicant,

The transmission date located within the application refers to the most recent date that the medical school accessed your application.

The printed version of your application reflects the date that corresponds with the last print time.

AMCAS