SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

I have a question for you.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by poococoon, Jun 20, 2008.

1. poococoon

poococoon 2+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I have a quick question to ask you guys/girls. I'm filling out the AMCAS application right now. I'm wondering if participating in the intramural sport can be listed on the Work/Activities section of the AMCAS. It is not exactly in the category of "Intercollegiate Athletics" because I played sports against people within my own university. Anyone is doing the same thing that I'm doing right now? Let me know. Thanks!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Stick1360

Stick1360 2+ Year Member

Jun 18, 2008
    I put in intramurals because competitive sports has always been a part of my life and I felt I could answer a question if they asked me about I say go ahead, there's no problem being honest
  4. NJDIF

NJDIF 7+ Year Member

May 20, 2007
  5. poococoon

poococoon 2+ Year Member

Nov 30, 2007
    so you put it under the "Intercollegiate Athletics" or "Other" or "Extracurricular/Hobbies/Avocations" category?

6. LizzyM

LizzyM the evil queen of numbers Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Many applicants list intramural under the category of Intercollegiate Athletics even though, strictly speaking, it is not.

Anyone who takes you to task over it is being pendantic.
  7. iduwanna

iduwanna 2+ Year Member

May 2, 2008
    I'd give the pedant adcoms one less thing to harp on and just list it as "Extracurricular/Hobbies/Avocations."
  8. neuro1617

neuro1617 2+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I'd definitely list it somewhere. I plan on listing tennis because I play IM tennis and it's always been a big part of my life.