I have a question for you.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poococoon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question to ask you guys/girls. I'm filling out the AMCAS application right now. I'm wondering if participating in the intramural sport can be listed on the Work/Activities section of the AMCAS. It is not exactly in the category of "Intercollegiate Athletics" because I played sports against people within my own university. Anyone is doing the same thing that I'm doing right now? Let me know. Thanks!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

I put in intramurals because competitive sports has always been a part of my life and I felt I could answer a question if they asked me about it...so I say go ahead, there's no problem being honest

Members don't see this ad :)
I put in intramurals because competitive sports has always been a part of my life and I felt I could answer a question if they asked me about it...so I say go ahead, there's no problem being honest

so you put it under the "Intercollegiate Athletics" or "Other" or "Extracurricular/Hobbies/Avocations" category?

:)

Many applicants list intramural under the category of Intercollegiate Athletics even though, strictly speaking, it is not.

Anyone who takes you to task over it is being pendantic.

Many applicants list intramural under the category of Intercollegiate Athletics even though, strictly speaking, it is not.

Anyone who takes you to task over it is being pendantic.

I'd give the pedant adcoms one less thing to harp on and just list it as "Extracurricular/Hobbies/Avocations."

I'd definitely list it somewhere. I plan on listing tennis because I play IM tennis and it's always been a big part of my life.