I have an interview at UMDNJ...Need some advice on how to prepare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice or suggestions would be really great. Its a great school and I would love to gain an acceptance there, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

When are you interviewing? I just got an invite today for April 16th, not sure if I'm going though.

use the interview feedback site, but seriously this is non-stress interview

-J

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think they are only interview for the waitlist though...but as Kry mentioned, they gave him a date on Arpil 16th...mine is on April 2nd. so i hope they are not just giving out dates for the waitlist -- why would they even bother anyways...im sure they have a huge list by now too..

UMDNJ-SOM was one of my best interviews. My interview was one-on-one with a med biochem professor at the school. I would definitely take a look at the interview feedback site, but don't even worry about any of the ethics questions that may make you nervous. They basically ask all of the expected, personal questions like 'name 3 reasons you will be a good doctor' or 'why did you choose DO over MD?" Also, if you have done research or anything interesting at school, they will probably ask you a question or two about that..but nothing big. It's low stress and they really make you feel comfortable from the minute you get there. Good luck!

Don't lie. Don't exagerate in your interview.

i agree with stac...never lie or exaggerate..be who you are, that is what SOM and the other osteopathic schools look for. they are looking for real people, with real personalities who have something to bring to the entering class of 2008...good luck! let us know how it goes

thanks for all of the advice. My only concern is I had to withdraw from a MPH program at my state school...it was because the program concentration became very weak and the concentration had to be revamped....so i found it a waste of time to be honest to stay -- should I mention it in the interivew -- i don't want to seem like a quitter and I am going to finisht he MPH but probably after i get my DO or during...what do you think?

and yes -- thedr. = amoxicillin ...i have 2 and i forget which one i am signed on under which computer..etc....but they are the same.

Originally posted by amoxicillin
thanks for all of the advice. My only concern is I had to withdraw from a MPH program at my state school...it was because the program concentration became very weak and the concentration had to be revamped....so i found it a waste of time to be honest to stay -- should I mention it in the interivew -- i don't want to seem like a quitter and I am going to finisht he MPH but probably after i get my DO or during...what do you think?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. All you can do is go to the interview, give them a good reason why you quit, and hope they like it.

You really have nothing to lose. I mean, you're going to apply again anyway in June and by then you will have much better chances simply because you're applying early. If you look at it like that then you should do fine.

You either will start now or a year from now. It's just a matter of when and in the large scheme of things, one year doesn't make that much of a difference.

yeah, i just hope it doesn't paralyze me int he future either -- still no word from NYCOM either....ugh.