I have an interview at UMDNJ-SOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Riverama

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I have an interview at UMDNJ-SOM on Feb 17th. Can anyone give me some interview tips for this school? What do they look for in a student? How long do they take to send you a rejection/acceptance notice? How is the interview like? I've done a lot of research on osteopathic medicine and of the school itself. Is there anything else anyone recommends I should do to prepare for the interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Riverama said:
Hello Everyone

I have an interview at UMDNJ-SOM on Feb 17th. Can anyone give me some interview tips for this school? What do they look for in a student? How long do they take to send you a rejection/acceptance notice? How is the interview like? I've done a lot of research on osteopathic medicine and of the school itself. Is there anything else anyone recommends I should do to prepare for the interview? Thanks!

Good luck! It's a nice place, very laid back interview. In fact, the dean told us on my interview day that they only rejected about a dozen interviewees last year. In other words, if you get an interview, they want you. Now, I got waitlisted...I'm an out-of-stater, and they have a very small class size. But just be yourself and make eye contact, and you're virtually guaranteed either a waitlist or an acceptance.

ornis4 said:
Good luck! It's a nice place, very laid back interview. In fact, the dean told us on my interview day that they only rejected about a dozen interviewees last year. In other words, if you get an interview, they want you. Now, I got waitlisted...I'm an out-of-stater, and they have a very small class size. But just be yourself and make eye contact, and you're virtually guaranteed either a waitlist or an acceptance.

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's my only interiew and so I've been very anxious. Is it true that you interview w/ a faculty member and then a 3rd year student?

Riverama said:
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's my only interiew and so I've been very anxious. Is it true that you interview w/ a faculty member and then a 3rd year student?

My interview was with a faculty member and third-year student at the same time...it should only be one interview, not separate with each interviewer. Like I said, very laid back casual experience. Be yourself, show enthusiasm and interest, and you should be fine. Good luck!