Riverama

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
9
0
39
Bethesda
Status
Hello Everyone

I have an interview at UMDNJ-SOM on Feb 17th. Can anyone give me some interview tips for this school? What do they look for in a student? How long do they take to send you a rejection/acceptance notice? How is the interview like? I've done a lot of research on osteopathic medicine and of the school itself. Is there anything else anyone recommends I should do to prepare for the interview? Thanks!
 

ornis4

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,056
1
38
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Riverama said:
Hello Everyone

I have an interview at UMDNJ-SOM on Feb 17th. Can anyone give me some interview tips for this school? What do they look for in a student? How long do they take to send you a rejection/acceptance notice? How is the interview like? I've done a lot of research on osteopathic medicine and of the school itself. Is there anything else anyone recommends I should do to prepare for the interview? Thanks!
Good luck! It's a nice place, very laid back interview. In fact, the dean told us on my interview day that they only rejected about a dozen interviewees last year. In other words, if you get an interview, they want you. Now, I got waitlisted...I'm an out-of-stater, and they have a very small class size. But just be yourself and make eye contact, and you're virtually guaranteed either a waitlist or an acceptance.
 
OP
R

Riverama

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2005
9
0
39
Bethesda
Status
ornis4 said:
Good luck! It's a nice place, very laid back interview. In fact, the dean told us on my interview day that they only rejected about a dozen interviewees last year. In other words, if you get an interview, they want you. Now, I got waitlisted...I'm an out-of-stater, and they have a very small class size. But just be yourself and make eye contact, and you're virtually guaranteed either a waitlist or an acceptance.
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's my only interiew and so I've been very anxious. Is it true that you interview w/ a faculty member and then a 3rd year student?
 

ornis4

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2003
1,056
1
38
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Riverama said:
Thank you so much for your feedback! It's my only interiew and so I've been very anxious. Is it true that you interview w/ a faculty member and then a 3rd year student?
My interview was with a faculty member and third-year student at the same time...it should only be one interview, not separate with each interviewer. Like I said, very laid back casual experience. Be yourself, show enthusiasm and interest, and you should be fine. Good luck!