b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT UNC NEXT FRIDAY!!!

OMG I am so excited!!!!! This Friday, 2:45 to 5:30!

Anyone else hear anything yet????
 

starsweet

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
897
1
Status
Pharmacist
Congrats!!! I haven't heard anything, but they don't have my PCAT yet.
 

DannyPx

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2005
111
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Congrats B. Be at your best and God will see you through. All best!
 

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2004
3,341
5
Squint your eyes and look closer.
Status
Pharmacist
Congrats! :) Break a leg. ;)
 

CuRy

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2004
82
0
46
Pittsburgh, PA
Status
b*rizzle said:
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT UNC NEXT FRIDAY!!!

OMG I am so excited!!!!! This Friday, 2:45 to 5:30!

Anyone else hear anything yet????
Go get a turkey! Happy Thanksgiving !!! b*rizzle
 

PharmEng

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
29
0
Status
b*rizzle said:
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT UNC NEXT FRIDAY!!!

OMG I am so excited!!!!! This Friday, 2:45 to 5:30!

Anyone else hear anything yet????
I am still waiting to hear from them. How did they notify you? Phone? E-mail?
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
PharmEng said:
I am still waiting to hear from them. How did they notify you? Phone? E-mail?
Email. They ask you to call them to set up the interview.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
Thank you guys!! I'm so nervous!! :D
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
Starting to get a bit nervous, since my interview will be at the end of a long, hard week...

...can anyone who's been thru UNC's interview process lend me some calming words beyond what I can take away from the SDN interview feedback?

I know there's no need to be as such, but sometimes I just can't help myself...
 

PharmEng

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
29
0
Status
b*rizzle said:
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW AT UNC NEXT FRIDAY!!!

OMG I am so excited!!!!! This Friday, 2:45 to 5:30!

Anyone else hear anything yet????
YEAH! Finally got the call from UNC. Guess I'll be seeing you "b*rizzle", my interview is set for Friday afternoon too. I was supposed to interview with Campbell this Friday, but I'm calling them to cancel since they were my 3rd choice.
 

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
566
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
B*rizzle & PharmEng- If you don't mind me asking, what are your GPAs and how did you score on the PCAT? CONGRATS though! I'll be jumping through the roof if I get an interview at UNC! :laugh:
 

PharmEng

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
29
0
Status
calrx said:
B*rizzle & PharmEng- If you don't mind me asking, what are your GPAs and how did you score on the PCAT? CONGRATS though! I'll be jumping through the roof if I get an interview at UNC! :laugh:
Thanks!

My GPA is 3.79 & PCAT score was in the 98th percentile.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
calrx said:
B*rizzle & PharmEng- If you don't mind me asking, what are your GPAs and how did you score on the PCAT? CONGRATS though! I'll be jumping through the roof if I get an interview at UNC! :laugh:

3.76 and 94th percentile :D
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
PharmEng said:
YEAH! Finally got the call from UNC. Guess I'll be seeing you "b*rizzle", my interview is set for Friday afternoon too. I was supposed to interview with Campbell this Friday, but I'm calling them to cancel since they were my 3rd choice.

Did you get any additional information about the interview yet? When I called Friday they said they'd be sending out another email, probably today, with more info about where to park/etc....
 

PHARMDhope2b

Future Reseacher
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
137
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Good Job Guys!
Knock'em Dead.
The Best Parking Is In The State Employees Credit Union Parking Lot Behind The Pharmacy School
Otherwise You Will Have To Pay To Park Inthe Parking Deck Across From The Hospital.
 

PharmEng

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
29
0
Status
b*rizzle said:
Did you get any additional information about the interview yet? When I called Friday they said they'd be sending out another email, probably today, with more info about where to park/etc....
I was just told that my interview was from 3-5pm (which I now find a little odd since you posted that yours is 2:45-5:30) and that I'd receive more info via e-mail. Haven't gotten anything else so far.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
PharmEng said:
I was just told that my interview was from 3-5pm (which I now find a little odd since you posted that yours is 2:45-5:30) and that I'd receive more info via e-mail. Haven't gotten anything else so far.
Ms Goldston told me if I was there by 3 I'd be fine...I'm sure they're at the same time, I just think that she was guestimating, since I called her as soon as I got an email regarding my invite

If I don't see anything by this evening I'll give them a call tomorrow morning.
 

PHARMDhope2b

Future Reseacher
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2005
137
0
Status
Pharmacy Student
Goodluck Everyone!!!

Be Carefull, Traffic May Be Bad On Friday Afternoons Getting Into And Out Of Chapel Hill.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
DHG said:
So how did it go? :D
Great...at least I thought so.

It was so chill that now that I think about it, maybe I was too cocky or something? Probably not but it's almost unnerving to think about how smoothly it went.
 

DHG

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
573
1
Northwest. Waaaaaay northwest.
Status
Pharmacist
b*rizzle said:
Great...at least I thought so.

It was so chill that now that I think about it, maybe I was too cocky or something? Probably not but it's almost unnerving to think about how smoothly it went.
Nah, I'd take that as a good sign. You were among the first that they chose to invite to interview... I'd go ahead and pat yourself on the back... You probably did great, especially if you feel like it was great... :thumbup:
 

PharmEng

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
29
0
Status
DHG said:
So how did it go? :D
I think mine went great. Even though I was asked some formal "behavioral" type interview questions, the interviews were pretty laid back. I had a pretty good dialogue with both the student and faculty interviewer, and I felt like the conversations could have easily flowed for another hour if the PY1 student they had escorting me hadn't knocked on the door to let us know the 30 minutes was up.

I am pretty optimistic. They said they'd let us know before Christmas if we're accepted, so at least I don't have too long to wait.
 

caligirlpharmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
28
0
Status
Congratulations on great interviews you guys. I am sure you did fantastic. As I recall from last year it took about 2 weeks to get a response. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Let me know if you have any questions about the program, its a great school!
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
One of my friends was a tour guide, and she also said this weekend that it should be approximately two weeks
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
*bump* Anyone heard anything yet?
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
Maybe something this week?

I think I'm getting a bit ahead of myself :p

I keep having nightmares that the mail carrier for my apartment complex drops the letter in the wrong mail slot and I hear nothing for months (not a total impossibility, I regularly receive my neighbor's mail). :laugh:
 

samboo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
76
0
NC
Status
are the majority of interviews in nov and dec, or are there a good number in jan, feb? pharmcas has had my bf's app for well over a month and has yet to verify it and send it to the schools :mad: i'm just wondering if he will get an interview before it is too late and the class is full. he has 91% but a low gpa, and is working at a cvs as a pharm tech and is vol in the H pharmacy, think he has a shot?
 

caligirlpharmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
28
0
Status
samboo said:
are the majority of interviews in nov and dec, or are there a good number in jan, feb? pharmcas has had my bf's app for well over a month and has yet to verify it and send it to the schools :mad: i'm just wondering if he will get an interview before it is too late and the class is full. he has 91% but a low gpa, and is working at a cvs as a pharm tech and is vol in the H pharmacy, think he has a shot?
Most of the interviews are in december and january, and they don't notify you until just a few weeks before, so I wouldn't worry too much just yet. I don't know what a low gpa is so its hard to say, but everything else sounds good about it, so I am sure he has a shot. Best of luck to him!
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
caligirlpharmd said:
Most of the interviews are in december and january, and they don't notify you until just a few weeks before, so I wouldn't worry too much just yet. I don't know what a low gpa is so its hard to say, but everything else sounds good about it, so I am sure he has a shot. Best of luck to him!
Caligirl, how long did it take you to get a decision back?

Friends have told me everything from two weeks to two months. :eek:
 

caligirlpharmd

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2004
28
0
Status
b*rizzle said:
Caligirl, how long did it take you to get a decision back?

Friends have told me everything from two weeks to two months. :eek:
I heard back in two weeks (plus mail time)... I didn't interview until January. Some people that had earlier interviews actually had to wait longer than two weeks (especially now what with final exams coming up and all), so I wouldn't get too concerned if it takes a bit longer.
 

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
They usually let you know in February.
 

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
caligirlpharmd said:
Most of the interviews are in december and january, and they don't notify you until just a few weeks before, so I wouldn't worry too much just yet. I don't know what a low gpa is so its hard to say, but everything else sounds good about it, so I am sure he has a shot. Best of luck to him!

low gpa = :( . GPA is usually the first thing they look at to screen people for interviews.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
goheel said:
They usually let you know in February.

For an interview in November?
 

samboo

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
76
0
NC
Status
goheel said:
low gpa = :( . GPA is usually the first thing they look at to screen people for interviews.
he has a BS in bio from UNC and his gpa is low from an F in german as a freshman, which is not a pre rec for pharm school, i feel like he would be able to explain this if he can get an interview, any thoughts?
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
goheel said:
Why? They told us for sure by Christmas.

EDIT: I saw from your old post that you heard back in ~2.5 weeks, after interviewing in January...
 

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
I intereviewed in November. Heard back in February. Most of people in my class heard back in February too.
 

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
samboo said:
he has a BS in bio from UNC and his gpa is low from an F in german as a freshman, which is not a pre rec for pharm school, i feel like he would be able to explain this if he can get an interview, any thoughts?
depends on how low the GPA is. If you don't get an interview, how are you gonna explain?
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
goheel said:
I intereviewed in November. Heard back in February. Most of people in my class heard back in February too.
Was this not true then? (posted Feb 3 '05 in a UNC Applicants thread)

goheel said:
I interviewed on Jan 15 and just got my acceptance letter today.
and this? (Posted Feb 23)

goheel said:
I think it usually takes about 3 weeks after your interview before you hear anything from them.
My roommate and her friend (who are PY3s) both told me that the school was pretty accurate in terms of telling them when they'd receive their stuff. They both interviewed in November and were told mid-January. Mid-January was when they heard back. I interviewed last month and they told us by Christmas, and I have no reason to believe that I'll be waiting till February to hear anything back. Friends that interviewed last year expressed the same sentiments as my roommate.
 

goheel

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
602
0
34
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
Sorry, I was thinking of my other interview from another school. The people I know from my class did tell me that they all got acceptance letters early February though.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
Anyone else feel like they're "What if"-ing themselves to death?

I know there's nothing that can be done at this point. Most of the time I do okay, but every now and then when my self-esteem drops (i.e. during exam week) I get terrible bouts of it.

Maybe I wouldn't be like this if I'd bothered to apply to more than one school :rolleyes:

/rant
 

poppopfizzfizz

Hobo for Hire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2005
26
0
Chapel Hill, NC
Status
Pharmacy Student
yupyup said:
Anyone get a December interview at UNC?
I'm from the area and know a lot of people who did (sadly, not me) but if you're still waiting to hear from them, they apparently haven't even looked at anyone below a 3.5 gpa yet. Those interviews will be starting in January.
 

starsweet

10+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2005
897
1
Status
Pharmacist
poppopfizzfizz said:
I'm from the area and know a lot of people who did (sadly, not me) but if you're still waiting to hear from them, they apparently haven't even looked at anyone below a 3.5 gpa yet. Those interviews will be starting in January.
Do you mean a GPA of 3.5 overall or 3.5 pre-pharm? My overall is < 3.5 but pre-pharm is > 3.5. I am also out of state.
 

DHG

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
573
1
Northwest. Waaaaaay northwest.
Status
Pharmacist
poppopfizzfizz said:
I'm from the area and know a lot of people who did (sadly, not me) but if you're still waiting to hear from them, they apparently haven't even looked at anyone below a 3.5 gpa yet. Those interviews will be starting in January.
Jeez, I have a 3.5 (non science) and a 3.7 (science) a degree in Biochem and a 98% PCAT and I haven't heard anything yet either. But I'm out-of-state so maybe I don't count. I thought I would have heard something by now though. Waiting is sucky.
 
OP
b*rizzle

b*rizzle

Master of Useless Info
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2004
548
1
Status
Pharmacist
Okay guys - need some advice now.

I know UNC has a no-call policy, but the situation has changed a bit for me.

My last surviving grandparent passed away yesterday afternoon, and my parents had to leave town rather quickly. Now, they left my 16-year-old brother at home by himself, and they need me to go home and watch after him until they get back, which may be a while. Do you think I would be able to call the SOP and ask them to send anything to my parent's house? Because my roommate is out of town and my apartment is not very close to my parents' house, we're going to have our mail held until one of us gets back....which may be a long time...
 

calrx

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
566
0
Status
Resident [Any Field]
b*rizzle said:
Okay guys - need some advice now.

I know UNC has a no-call policy, but the situation has changed a bit for me.

My last surviving grandparent passed away yesterday afternoon, and my parents had to leave town rather quickly. Now, they left my 16-year-old brother at home by himself, and they need me to go home and watch after him until they get back, which may be a while. Do you think I would be able to call the SOP and ask them to send anything to my parent's house? Because my roommate is out of town and my apartment is not very close to my parents' house, we're going to have our mail held until one of us gets back....which may be a long time...
I would definitely contact the school- via phone or email and explain your situation. I would also update your contact information on the PharmCAS website and then change it back when you return.