I Have An Interview At UNC!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed with UNC returned that paperwork in the folder that they gave us, about the education information release and criminal background check stuff? I can't remember what they said about that; I thought we already filled that stuff out when we applied...is it just for if we're accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

b*rizzle said:
Has anyone who interviewed with UNC returned that paperwork in the folder that they gave us, about the education information release and criminal background check stuff? I can't remember what they said about that; I thought we already filled that stuff out when we applied...is it just for if we're accepted?

They want the paperwork returned either before or at the time you accept an offer. I was planning to send mine in with my deposit if I get accepted.

b*rizzle said:
Okay guys - need some advice now.

I know UNC has a no-call policy, but the situation has changed a bit for me.

My last surviving grandparent passed away yesterday afternoon, and my parents had to leave town rather quickly. Now, they left my 16-year-old brother at home by himself, and they need me to go home and watch after him until they get back, which may be a while. Do you think I would be able to call the SOP and ask them to send anything to my parent's house? Because my roommate is out of town and my apartment is not very close to my parents' house, we're going to have our mail held until one of us gets back....which may be a long time...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandparent. I think pharmacy school administrative staff members are human and they will understand that this is an unforseen event. I would give them a call. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmEng said:
They want the paperwork returned either before or at the time you accept an offer. I was planning to send mine in with my deposit if I get accepted.

Ditto on that, I just couldn't remember exactly what they said. It's been a very long couple of weeks - Thanks for responding :)

Smilescali said:
I am so sorry to hear about your grandparent. I think pharmacy school administrative staff members are human and they will understand that this is an unforseen event. I would give them a call. :)

Thank you for your condolences. I did give them a call, and she said she'd make a note of the change. The phone call was abnormally terse, as the woman on the other end of the phone didn't even say goodbye after I thanked her for doing it for me. I am beginning to think I hung up on her by accident...? :(

That's a whole 'nother ball o' wax, but I think I'm just being hypersensitive at the moment. I guess it's to be expected given the circumstances; I've been under the weather recently as well.

Bottom line: I can't wait for this to be all over. (Exams included!!)

It's getting to be that time...

...a couple more days?

Good luck to PharmEng and anyone else who's already interviewed at UNC :)

b*rizzle said:
It's getting to be that time...

...a couple more days?

Good luck to PharmEng and anyone else who's already interviewed at UNC :)

I just got the best Christmas present.....an e-mail from the UNC admissions office letting me know that I will be receiving an admissions offer. They won't be sending out admissions packets in the mail until their offices re-open on Jan 3. Hopefully you have a present in your INBOX too b*rizzle.

Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

Congrats!!! Is UNC your first choice? :D

I hope they are still doing more interviews, I haven't heard from them yet.

PharmEng said:
I just got the best Christmas present.....an e-mail from the UNC admissions office letting me know that I will be receiving an admissions offer. They won't be sending out admissions packets in the mail until their offices re-open on Jan 3. Hopefully you have a present in your INBOX too b*rizzle.

Good Luck, and Merry Christmas!

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!

Wahooooooooo! See you in August, PharmEng!! :D

b*rizzle said:
I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!

Wahooooooooo! See you in August, PharmEng!! :D

Great news! I knew you would! :thumbup:

Smilescali said:
Great news! I knew you would! :thumbup:

Thank you so much! I'm so excited! It's such a relief!

b*rizzle said:
Thank you so much! I'm so excited! It's such a relief!

Congrats to you all! It is such a great school, you will really enjoy it! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions! For now just get excited and make sure you are getting your shots and get all your forms in on time.

:clap: PharmEng & b*rizzle - Congrats!

ICA said:
:clap: PharmEng & b*rizzle - Congrats!

Thank you! :D

PharmEng -- are you going to UNC or Mercer?

b*rizzle said:
Thank you! :D

PharmEng -- are you going to UNC or Mercer?

I thought both were great schools. The only thing I did not like about Mercer was the fact that you only get to do 6 different rotations vs. 10 at UNC. I want to be able to experience as many different areas as possible. Plus there is no way I can pass up the in-state tuition rates at UNC. So that is definitely where I will be going.

Congrats b*rizzle! See you in the Fall.

PharmEng said:
I thought both were great schools. The only thing I did not like about Mercer was the fact that you only get to do 6 different rotations vs. 10 at UNC. I want to be able to experience as many different areas as possible. Plus there is no way I can pass up the in-state tuition rates at UNC. So that is definitely where I will be going.

Congrats b*rizzle! See you in the Fall.

:thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: Definitely! See you in August!