I have not registered with ADA yet.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

supraman

Boston Celtics
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and want to take the test in July, will I have enough time to?

I just haven't thought of the schools I want to apply to yet

Members don't see this ad.

I am taking DAT in July as well and I still haven't registered either. I guess it depends on where you live. You can also go on ADA website and check for seats availibility once in a while...when you think they are starting to get full go ahead and register! I am in the same situation as yours...havnt decided on schools and dont know how much longer i need to study.

Members don't see this ad :)
apply now - it takes them a while to process your information (mine took about a week and a half) before you can register for a date.

that gives you that time to pick at least 5 schools (you can always go back and add more, but at least pick out 5 so you get them for free).

i'm not sure if you can check what dates are available unless your information has been processed as well.. but i could be wrong on that :confused:

Definitely apply now, when you apply and choose 5 schools then additional schools will cost you $25. The fee remains the same when you add schools even if u have already submitted your application to the ADA. The fee increases to $75 when you add after you have taken the DAT. So it really doesnt matter financially speaking, but if u wait as stated above the steats will fill up and you will have to sign up for a later date.

Hope that helps!

heyo, first post here, related question about registering for the dat. how does picking a testing site actually work? vert you mentioned it took over a week for them to process your info, does this mean they contact you again after sending that off to ask for your preferred testing site / date / time?

if i dont know when i exactly want to take the test quite yet, it'll be within the next month-2 months, should i get that registration over with now or is there a specific window in which i HAVE to choose a date once i send off the initial info?

heyo, first post here, related question about registering for the dat. how does picking a testing site actually work? vert you mentioned it took over a week for them to process your info, does this mean they contact you again after sending that off to ask for your preferred testing site / date / time?

if i dont know when i exactly want to take the test quite yet, it'll be within the next month-2 months, should i get that registration over with now or is there a specific window in which i HAVE to choose a date once i send off the initial info?

welcome! what happens is that you initially pay your fee for the DAT and fill out a bunch of information about yourself. then you have to wait for them to send you back a confirmation number so that you can book your appointment at the prometric centres. when I registered, they indicated in the initial follow-up e-mail that I would not be able to register for my test until I had received the confirmation e-mail. they also said that the confirmation e-mails were only sent out once a week (on tuesdays.. but that might have changed) so it could be a few weeks before I received my confirmation e-mail from them. once you have your confirmation e-mail, you can log into the prometric testing centre website and you can click on the calendar dates to see what times are available on which dates before you pick a date & time.

once you receive your confirmation e-mail, you have a year to schedule your DAT before it "expires" and you lose your money. so if you are looking at the next month-2 months, definitely get that initial registration off so that you can get the ball rolling.