I haven't take Orgo2 but registered DAT on August.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jy.gianna

Reaction score
Hi, I am in post-bacc program and planning to take DAT on August.
But, I haven't got Orgo2 class... I took Orgo1 this semester and got A and had no stress when I study the materials.

I am planing to study Orgo2 by myself before the DAT.
Heard Orgo1 and Orgo2 is totally different level, but hopefully I do well with studying it by myself......

My question is, What material should I use? Currently, I am reading txt book that I used for Orgo1 class.

I bought DAT destroyer package. Do you think that's enough?
I am thinking of getting DAT Bootcamp pro access.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should be fine, organic on the DAT is pretty straight forward. Check out Chad’s videos and use boot camp and you’ll be golden

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I am in post-bacc program and planning to take DAT on August.
But, I haven't got Orgo2 class... I took Orgo1 this semester and got A and had no stress when I study the materials.

I am planing to study Orgo2 by myself before the DAT.
Heard Orgo1 and Orgo2 is totally different level, but hopefully I do well with studying it by myself......

My question is, What material should I use? Currently, I am reading txt book that I used for Orgo1 class.

I bought DAT destroyer package. Do you think that's enough?
I am thinking of getting DAT Bootcamp pro access.

Hi Gianna,
I would say that the Destroyer along with Orgo Odyssey is more than enough. I just took my Orgo II final yesterday. I would say the Orgo II builds on the concepts in Orgo I but I wouldn't say it's completely different. It's certainly nothing like the jump from Gen Chem to Orgo. If you like I can provide you my semester notes for Orgo II. They're EXTREMELY thorough and colorful (I color code everything on my reaction mechanisms). But I think you'll be fine if you just use the Destroyer and Odyssey. Bear in mind, that I did what you're doing. I taught myself Orgo using those books. I had not yet taken Orgo II when I took the DAT and I got a 30 in the Orgo section. So this is doable.

A few things I would recommend: download orgo apps to practice with on your phone in your free time. There's one called Organic Chemistry Flashcards with a green icon showing a flask that I really liked. There's a bunch of others. In addition, I STRONGLY suggest you burn a few weekends blowing through YouTube videos. There's several channels I particularly like: Orgoman, AK Lectures, Prof. Dave Explains, Leah4Sci, Organic Chemistry Tutor, Khan Academy. Between all of that, you should be set.

But let me know if you'd like my Orgo II notes and I'll send them along.

Best Regards,
Dentist Bob

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Gianna,
I would say that the Destroyer along with Orgo Odyssey is more than enough. I just took my Orgo II final yesterday. I would say the Orgo II builds on the concepts in Orgo I but I wouldn't say it's completely different. It's certainly nothing like the jump from Gen Chem to Orgo. If you like I can provide you my semester notes for Orgo II. They're EXTREMELY thorough and colorful (I color code everything on my reaction mechanisms). But I think you'll be fine if you just use the Destroyer and Odyssey. Bear in mind, that I did what you're doing. I taught myself Orgo using those books. I had not yet taken Orgo II when I took the DAT and I got a 30 in the Orgo section. So this is doable.

A few things I would recommend: download orgo apps to practice with on your phone in your free time. There's one called Organic Chemistry Flashcards with a green icon showing a flask that I really liked. There's a bunch of others. In addition, I STRONGLY suggest you burn a few weekends blowing through YouTube videos. There's several channels I particularly like: Orgoman, AK Lectures, Prof. Dave Explains, Leah4Sci, Organic Chemistry Tutor, Khan Academy. Between all of that, you should be set.

Best Regards,
Dentist Bob
Any chance you could send me the notes? Orgo is my weak spot for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Gianna,

Best Regards,
Dentist Bob

Hi Bob,
Thank you! You are a life saver. I will send you my email address through messenger.(or conversation?)
I've followed those channels since my 1st year of post bacc, they're great!!!! aren't they?
Thanks for recommendation about app. I downloaded it and it looks quite legit.

pls check your personal conversation my email address.

Best regards,
Gianna

I think you should be fine, organic on the DAT is pretty straight forward. Check out Chad’s videos and use boot camp and you’ll be golden

Thank you hersh,

I've been watching chad's videos and he is great. but, his lectures are quite fast and always feel to go back to txt book after watching his..

Chad’s videos, not CourseSaver of you’ve never taken OC2. I used his videos for OC 1,2 and got A’s at one of the hardest schools in TX. You might have to watch a few videos twice but he was better than any textbook I could get my hands on. Of course print his outline to write your notes while watching, he leaves spaces in his outline for notes.

Hey! Good luck on your DAT. I still haven’t taken Orgo II, but Organic was my best section on the DAT (23). Just study their Organic Chem wording and you’ll do great!

Hi Gianna,

Best Regards,
Dentist Bob
Hello Dentist Bob, Would you feel free to share those notes with me as well? I would appreciate it so much! Thanks ^_^ if anything, thanks so much for your insight into the dat orgo section!

Bootcamp will be all you need for OC. Obviously would help better if you had taken OC2 already, but the DAT doesn't get too specific about that stuff.

Honestly, the issue with OChem is that people don't understand the greatest mystery of the universe, which is not a mystery at all. Its a little something called R.E.S.O.N.A.N.C.E. Practice that and understand it because most reactions can be predicted by understanding resonance.

Golfballer