I have two questions for you all...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

hon abe lin

I'm an environmental sciences major (environmental chem. concentration) and thus won't be taking much bio before the MCAT. I will be taking some biochem next year and I have room for one additional bio course in my schedule before I take the MCAT.

1. Would you recommend taking cell/molecular biology or genetics to help better prepare myself for the MCAT?

I plan on applying at the end of my junior year. I would also like to study abroad, if possible, during my senior year.

2. Is it at all possible to study abroad after your applications go out? Is there a time period before you can "expect" to be heading to interviews and filling out secondaries?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

hon abe lin said:
I'm an environmental sciences major (environmental chem. concentration) and thus won't be taking much bio before the MCAT. I will be taking some biochem next year and I have room for one additional bio course in my schedule before I take the MCAT.

1. Would you recommend taking cell/molecular biology or genetics to help better prepare myself for the MCAT?

I plan on applying at the end of my junior year. I would also like to study abroad, if possible, during my senior year.

2. Is it at all possible to study abroad after your applications go out? Is there a time period before you can "expect" to be heading to interviews and filling out secondaries?

Thanks.

1. There is a large amount of genetics on the MCAT---you will need this course

2. If you want to study abroad, summer would be a great time