I just applied to UPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kkim85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well
I do have somewhat competitive GPA:confused: but I have a feeling that I may not get an admission due to my DAT scores.

My overall GPA is 3.5
and my science GPA is 3.75...
my DAT scores are
TS:19:scared:
AA:19:scared:
PA:20
Bio:19
GC:17:(
QR:18:(
OC:22
RC:19

I have submitted my secondary application a couple days ago.......

Do you guys think I have a chance??
MY EC is not fantasic but somewhat decent...

Any suggestion would be great..

Members don't see this ad.

that I'm an international student :(

Cant hurt to try, I say go for it, focus on getting an interview and the essays first! I heard UPenn loves research as well. I just added UPenn as well even though my DAT's are slightly below and my gpa is below avg acceptance rate. Their website said their average DAT is 20's across the board, which you are under but maybe your gpa can offset that a little. Good Luck and check out the thread, "what are my chances" that will give you a quantitative mark of where you stand.

Members don't see this ad :)
and the guy wrote "if your AA is 19... forget it..." Now I'm depressed....to the max....:(

UPenn interviewed people last year with similar DAT scores as yourself and thats according to just predents.com, you dont even know who they interviewed who dont have a predents account. I wouldnt worry too much, apply and be happy if you hear back from them. Thats why you apply to many schools, it would be great if we all got into our #1 choice but thats not realistic for 98% of applicants because of it being competitive. If you want to be a dentist, you'll settle for something less the UPenn if need be.

I just checked again to make sure I wasnt losing my mind and they interviewed someone with an 18 AA and several 19 AA, and if your invited for an interview, I wouldnt call that "forget it" or "no shot." Im sure there were more 19 AA that got interviews that just dont have a predents account as well. Dont sweat it, give it a shot.

Let's cross our fingers and pray!

Hate to say this, but that 17 on GC might even be an automatic rejection.. Although Penn really likes research and "special" extra-curriculars with their studnets. You probably will get in somewhere else, but Penn doesn't look likely at all........

What do you mean by "special' extra-curriculars?