I just got kicked in the teeth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do I feel like i'll be repeating this ordeal in august? :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

Cerberus said:
I just took 6R's BS section. By the end of it I was ready to put off taking the MCAT till August. I was 90% sure I had bombed it....bad! I came over here and painfully entered the answers expecting red x after red x (as an aside the "Score Paper and Pencil Test" interface is highly stressful:laugh: ). Somehow I managed to pull a 12 out of the BS section, my highest BSscore yet:D

You really can't tell with these bastards!

Keep your head up.

yeah I am taking it again too...though I get a headache just thinking about what it's going to be like to do mcat stuff all summer :eek:

OMG that test sucked...hard nuts. All physics, genetics and organic. I hated the passages in VR. American extact art or something. some weird literature, with Mary Shelley involved, or her Parents. Stupid colonial plates and seives. WTF. And I don't give a **** about sand dollar crabs, sea biscuits, or how they interact. :mad: Heres to luck that this was the hardest and most scaled form :luck:

superdevil said:
oh yeah, like some of you guys are saying re: verbal--i hate those 10-11 question passages in the middle! damn them all. i had two: one on the perspective which one would view colonial artifacts and their purposes (easy) and one psychology passage about multiple personalities/amnesia (insanely hard). again, form CH.

did i mention...ITS OVER! F&%# YEAH! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Termwean said:
OMG that test sucked...hard nuts. All physics, genetics and organic. I hated the passages in VR. American extact art or something. some weird literature, with Mary Shelley involved, or her Parents. Stupid colonial plates and seives. WTF. And I don't give a **** about sand dollar crabs, sea biscuits, or how they interact. :mad: Heres to luck that this was the hardest and most scaled form :luck:

This looks like form DK. PS (my strength) seemed like my weakness.

Hey, everyone. Okay, I have been reading all the posts people have put up lately, laughing at a lot of them (I'm glad everyone can still find humor in this situation....don't let this test win by making you hate yourself or life in general), and totally empathizing with the vast majority of you. It is the not-knowing for about 60 days about your scores that can kill you. Your life is effectively on hold, all plans for summer are up in the air, and you don't know if you can throw away (or burn in my case) all those books. If you feel you did bad, then you are probably thinking you wasted months of your life, are stupid for not doing better, and kicking yourselves for missing the "easy" questions. Many of you had violent intestinal issues :eek:
I was where many of you are. I took last April's MCAT (my second time) and left TOTALLY dejected. There were so many genetics questions (the first year they were gonna increase the # of questions on it) for one thing. Plus, cell phones went off, there were a helluva lot of PS computations to do, and verbal blew big time. I started to doubt whether med. school was in the cards, though I desperately wanted it. I second-guessed all my answers and effectively convinced myself I failed. It was very easy to accomplish that.
I didn't fail. Remember, versions of tests are more difficult than others. Rest assured that most of you did the best you could. In hindsight, I wish I had fully understood these things then, after the test, but its only natural to be down. Still, always have a plan B. Mine was to go to the Caribbean if I needed to. You will do what you have to do to become a physician. Don't let a test take that goal from you. Take the test again, whatever. Take more classes if your science is weak.
I am starting med. school at Georgetown in August. I didn't kick a#$ on the MCAT but had strong LRS and health care experience. I can't boast about being in the "35+" crowd (wouldn't want to be either, a lot of those people tend to have significant interpersonal, social problems that will come out during interviews, mark my word). You may be thinking admissions committees are cold but they really want to get to know your entire application usually. Sell yourselves well and be proud of the fact that you took a test that most people are scared to take. Things always work out in the end.

doc2b1977 pretty muched summed it all up-way to go. Waiting for the results sucks, but get started on your apps (when the time comes) and hope for the best. That damn test had my ass the first two times! The MCAT is not an easy test for a reason-it's just a final step in the "weeding out" process. I took it a third and did fine. Like doc2b1977, I was no 35+ but had great LOR's and health experience & research and am now going to med school this year. A majority of you applying have put in such hard work so far and even if you score ****ty on the MCAT's, don't let it get ya down, keep pluggin away and improve what you need to. If you want it that bad, keep the drive going and, as my college baseball coach would say, "get it done." Best of luck all you April MCATer's. Anyone can pm me at any time if they have any questions pertaining to applying to med school.

nikibean said:
Mine was BS.

"BS: I had 2 orgo passages. They were exactly what my midterm will be on next week. But the moth/fly development bs? Oh my God. And yes, the RB/E24/E7 thing was just out of control. Did anyone have the yeast passage/ spore question? Sheesh."

Hey,

I had same passage in BS, but had Form BN.
I didn't have any clue about those RB/E24/E7 things. There was also one passage talking about eye color (genetics), Oh man, I hate these two passages.
Definitely between those passages, I will loss a lot of points. Form BN, the rest bio seems ok.