I just graduated...

Started by Aljazera
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aljazera

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With a BMS and 2 minors. I recieved a 3.0 cumulative GPA with 11Ws and 2Fs and 1 D (grade forgiveness all 3 of these classes). The last year of schooling I received a 2.7, 3.89 and 3.38 GPA showing somewhat of a upward trend; all my withdrawals were during my first 3 years (took 5.5 years to graduate).

With all that said, I have yet to take my MCAT and I am wondering if there are any SMPs out there that accept students without an MCAT and this type of dismal record?

Also, I am aware I am late to apply, but I didn't bother applying around April when I first looked into Post-Bacc since I moved my MCAT date. So, are there any schools that accept this late or are in rolling, besides PCOM?

I appreciate the audit and advice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As far as I know, most of the SMP requires either an MCAT or a GRE; and the deadline for most of them already passed. I would take the MCAT and do an additional year of non-formal post-bac (i.e. taking classes at your local university) just to improve your grade and keeping that upward trend.

If you do well on your MCAT this year 33+ you can apply to Med School next year while being in a formal SMP or Post-Bac. This way you do not waste time in the gap year that many SMP and Post-Bac students have to take.
 
As far as I know, most of the SMP requires either an MCAT or a GRE; and the deadline for most of them already passed. I would take the MCAT and do an additional year of non-formal post-bac (i.e. taking classes at your local university) just to improve your grade and keeping that upward trend.

If you do well on your MCAT this year 33+ you can apply to Med School next year while being in a formal SMP or Post-Bac. This way you do not waste time in the gap year that many SMP and Post-Bac students have to take.

Very pessimistic of you to think they will take me with my Grade history, but thanks for your advice i plan to take my MCAT very soon.
 
Very pessimistic of you to think they will take me with my Grade history, but thanks for your advice i plan to take my MCAT very soon.

I'm confused, what do you mean?

Your GPA is ok for an SMP or Post-Bac, you'll have a hard time getting into the top notch programs but you should be competitive for quite a few. As globaltrader said, a high MCAT will certainly help you situation.