i know its a debate but will u guys answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWantH2O

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
plants have been found to have lysosomes...if it showed up on the dat, do u guys think they wil have the updated answer

Members don't see this ad.

excellent question. I would probably answer that they do have it and then immediately send a letter to the ADA saying that they asked an unfair question. i cant imagine it would actually do something, but it is worth the try. there is no good solution to your question bc you just dont know what answer they think is right.

i think i would go with the campbell biology textbook and say that there isn't..i obviously don't know for sure but i feel like they would go with the more currently accepted answer in most texts

Members don't see this ad :)
If this came up on the actual test, Id have to say no. The vacuole in plants essentially plays the role of lysosomes. But im sure research has been done to show that plants may have lysosomes.

Have anyone even encountered this kind of question on the actual exam?

If this came up on the actual test, Id have to say no. The vacuole in plants essentially plays the role of lysosomes. But im sure research has been done to show that plants may have lysosomes.

Have anyone even encountered this kind of question on the actual exam?

you are correct. In plants, the vacuole pretty much does what lysosomes do. This is at least what I found from my bio textbook when I was studying.