I know someone knows this

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prosthoman

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, I am reading these boring Law lectures; this a section that is a bet confusing, and I will appreciate if you tell me your opinion:

It says that:

Hygienist are prohibited to:
Fit or adjust any correctional or prosthetic appliance:

ok my question is that " is matriex band" fall into this category

I know matrix band is not a prosthetic appliance, is it a correctional appliance?

Members don't see this ad.

I know there is no question that is stupid, however, I think I kinda know what they mean, i think they mean things like " night gaurd" and stuff like that...

Hygienists are not allowed to insert or adjust any appliance like RPDs, FPDs, Night Guards, Sports Guards, Habit breaking appliances like cribs, Orthodontic appliances like Removable or Fixed or even retainers.

Now, "matrix bands" are not appliances at all. These are small strips of metal or cellophane (mylar) that are placed around a prepared tooth prior to placing a final restoration. e.g. Tofflemire band and retainer.

A hygienist may use one of these to prevent inadvertent scratches on a PFM crown or a large composite while she is using the Cavitron or hand scalers.

Did I answer your question?