I Love Bourbon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted50478

e20yr904_pl.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Now here's my thread and my drink...

Had my honeymoon near Bourbon Street

Woodford_Reserve_Kentucky_Derby_2003.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Now here's my thread and my drink...

Had my honeymoon near Bourbon Street

Woodford_Reserve_Kentucky_Derby_2003.jpg

I'll second the Woodford Reserve nomination. Bought a bottle earlier this week and haven't been disappointed. Looking to try Booker's next.

For me...

Bourbon = instant headache

(Probably just underscores for a lot of you the fact that I'm a complete vagina.)

-copro

I just picked up a bottle of that last night. Due to on-call/drinking rules, I haven't cracked the bottle yet.

Would it be a travesty to make Manhattans out of that?

not if you can afford it.

sometimes I put it in my after dinner coffee.....

... why the f**k is it on here again?

blantons.jpg

Girlfriend got me this and two of these

300px-Romeo_Y_Julieta_Churchill_Cigars_Tubo.jpg

for Valentine's Day last Feb. Knew I had picked well...:love:

Last edited:
Okay, okay, okay... maybe my tampon finally fell out...

I drank some of this stuff... actually a LOT of this stuff... on Thanksgiving day. Bourbon and coke. It tasted great. No headache. No hangover. A reasonably priced, and delicious I might add, bourbon to boot.

-copro

Woodford is good but usually out of my price range. I normally have a bottle of Knob Creek in my freezer, but I like this stuff too:

eaglesingimage.jpg

Okay, okay, okay... maybe my tampon finally fell out...

I drank some of this stuff... actually a LOT of this stuff... on Thanksgiving day. Bourbon and coke. It tasted great. No headache. No hangover. A reasonably priced, and delicious I might add, bourbon to boot.

-copro

Gotta agree with this one. Bulleit is probably the best lower price bourbon. Not as good as Pappy but much cheaper. I think it's better than Maker's and Knob Creek. They're all good though.

I have to go with Woodford Reserve (~$31/750ml) or Wild Turkey 101 (~21/750ml). Woodford is smooth with it's vanilla and tobacco undertones, but the dirty bird will put hair on your chest. Only to be enjoyed neat at room temperature, by the way :thumbup:. I've never tried pappy van winkle; what experiences have you guys had with it? Also, if mixing, why not save your wallet and just buy vodka?