I Love Bourbon

Started by deleted50478
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted50478

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
e20yr904_pl.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now here's my thread and my drink...

Had my honeymoon near Bourbon Street

Woodford_Reserve_Kentucky_Derby_2003.jpg

I'll second the Woodford Reserve nomination. Bought a bottle earlier this week and haven't been disappointed. Looking to try Booker's next.
 
For me...

Bourbon = instant headache

(Probably just underscores for a lot of you the fact that I'm a complete vagina.)

-copro
 
I just picked up a bottle of that last night. Due to on-call/drinking rules, I haven't cracked the bottle yet.

Would it be a travesty to make Manhattans out of that?

not if you can afford it.

sometimes I put it in my after dinner coffee.....
 
blantons.jpg


Girlfriend got me this and two of these

300px-Romeo_Y_Julieta_Churchill_Cigars_Tubo.jpg


for Valentine's Day last Feb. Knew I had picked well...😍
 
Last edited:
Okay, okay, okay... maybe my tampon finally fell out...

I drank some of this stuff... actually a LOT of this stuff... on Thanksgiving day. Bourbon and coke. It tasted great. No headache. No hangover. A reasonably priced, and delicious I might add, bourbon to boot.



-copro
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woodford is good but usually out of my price range. I normally have a bottle of Knob Creek in my freezer, but I like this stuff too:

eaglesingimage.jpg
 
Okay, okay, okay... maybe my tampon finally fell out...

I drank some of this stuff... actually a LOT of this stuff... on Thanksgiving day. Bourbon and coke. It tasted great. No headache. No hangover. A reasonably priced, and delicious I might add, bourbon to boot.



-copro

Gotta agree with this one. Bulleit is probably the best lower price bourbon. Not as good as Pappy but much cheaper. I think it's better than Maker's and Knob Creek. They're all good though.
 
I have to go with Woodford Reserve (~$31/750ml) or Wild Turkey 101 (~21/750ml). Woodford is smooth with it's vanilla and tobacco undertones, but the dirty bird will put hair on your chest. Only to be enjoyed neat at room temperature, by the way 👍. I've never tried pappy van winkle; what experiences have you guys had with it? Also, if mixing, why not save your wallet and just buy vodka?