I love NYU med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MissionComplete

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
pass fail is oh so amazing. jingle ball was amazing. i love nyu. i love no cumulative exams. i love nyu.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations :D Pass/Fail is the only way to go. Even the real hardass schools are caving in on that one. Have a great vacation. :luck:

damnit, i shoulda gone to NYU :(

Members don't see this ad :)
pass/pass at Yale is the way to go.

when i went to my interview at NYU they said that althuogh it's pass/fail they still keep track of how well you did. i guess for ranking with AOA and such.

lack of cumulative exams comes back to bite you in the ass when studying for step1. enjoy your first year :)

automaton said:
lack of cumulative exams comes back to bite you in the ass when studying for step1. enjoy your first year :)

Hmpf, jealous? ;)

i don't have cumulative exams either. i merely speak the truth.

Hey current peeps at NYU.... I'm waitlisted there currently and I'm seeking your opinion on.... what do you think the admiss committee's reaction would be to me sending them a copy of my thesis when its done? Would they be like grr, what the heck, I don't want this 80 page piece of crap? Or you think they would be like woah, this person really wants to go here if she is sending us her entire thesis? Anyone?

rugirlie said:
Hey current peeps at NYU.... I'm waitlisted there currently and I'm seeking your opinion on.... what do you think the admiss committee's reaction would be to me sending them a copy of my thesis when its done? Would they be like grr, what the heck, I don't want this 80 page piece of crap? Or you think they would be like woah, this person really wants to go here if she is sending us her entire thesis? Anyone?

I wouldn't send a thesis. How does that show them that you want to go there? The idea of sending something when on a waitlist is to show the committee you devastated that you are not accepted yet and that you want to go because of X,Y,Z, and you would do well there because you excel at A,B,C, and you have the qualities of 1,2,3.

Save the postage and right someting that fits in a standard envelope with standard postage.

rugirlie said:

they;d be more like i don't want this 80 page piece of crap.

MissionComplete said:
I wouldn't send a thesis. How does that show them that you want to go there? The idea of sending something when on a waitlist is to show the committee you devastated that you are not accepted yet and that you want to go because of X,Y,Z, and you would do well there because you excel at A,B,C, and you have the qualities of 1,2,3.

Save the postage and right someting that fits in a standard envelope with standard postage.

I already sent a letter of interest. The point of sending something else is to update them with stuff, like your new grades, etc... that was my idea behind sending a thesis even though I thought it was a strange idea to begin with. Thanks for your opinions though, all. :)