Future IM Residents - don't live in a food desert. Treat yourself at Trader Joes (and to a nicer town). Labor of love list sorted by distance.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miatadoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorted all IM residency programs by proximity to a Trader Joes and Whole Foods. Usually indicates better neighborhoods/communities of potential friends too. Was unable to paste the entire table here. Data is in CSV format.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Why go to Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods when hospital peanut butter, crackers, and Turkey sandwiches are free?

31E298FF-863B-4AC2-B7AB-33AF15403100.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Going to go out on a limb and say if you're a resident you should not be shopping at whole foods.

Agree on the TJs though.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Could you code this for “Closest program near a McDonald's with functional ice cream machine”?

Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Going to go out on a limb and say if you're a resident you should not be shopping at whole foods.

Agree on the TJs though.
I used to eat a whole chicken daily from WF for 7 bucks. That’s like 1400-1600 calories of mostly protein and fat. Almost an entire days worth of calories right there. Throw in bananas and apples, and some quinoa. Daily food now $10 per day.

Get shredded.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd say Aldi and Lidl should be there before whole foods for the reason DoctwoB pointed out.

But regardless, interesting post and good use of tech.

And yah, I did intern year at UMPC and we had noon conference food every day as well as nightly dinner spread at the VA. It was more food than we knew what to do with.

Reactions: 1 user
this is the highest an HCA hospital has ranked on any list lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users