I Matched!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ologist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be an anesthesiologist!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't get an email - checked on NRMP - I MATCHED!

Who knows if I matched prelim + anesthesia or just categorical anesthesia or just prelim .... hopefully not (the NRMP website doesn't specify but at least I matched)!

Congrats to all ;)

congrats to the future anesthesiologist.

one Q, would they tell you match to categorical, advanced prg in the email??

my buddies so drunk right now, hilarious

if u get the "matched" sign, it's cat or adv+prelim. If just adv, but no prelim, it says that.

Aaaaaahhhhhh yeah booooooyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I need to get out of clinic this week to hit the bar!

matched advanced only, have to scramble for PGY1 :thumbdown:
called NRMP, they told me I matched in baltimore.... that means hopkins! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I matched and scrabled into my osteopathic intership. Life is good

matched advanced only, have to scramble for PGY1 :thumbdown:
called NRMP, they told me I matched in baltimore.... that means hopkins! :thumbup:

You can call NRMP to find out the city you matched in?!! What's the number you dialed?

Congrats to all!!!:clap:
My email says Congratulations, you have matched! I hope its categotical:rolleyes:

I'm in. Yeah :thumbup:

You can call NRMP to find out the city you matched in?!! What's the number you dialed?

only when you match to an advanced program but not a categorical, or if you matched but your couples match partner didn't.

Oh yeah! Fully matched!!

:D

Match for dummies... Can someone explain this?

My fiancee applied for an anesthesia residency (combined), anesthesia + prelim, as well as just preliminary spots.

If she got the email that she matched, then does that guarantee that she matched in anesthesia? I would think this would make sense as if not then she could scramble for open anesthesia spots.

If anyone could make this clear, it would relieve a lot of anxiety.

Thanks!

Congrats to everyone who matched.

To answer the question posted, if someone ranked a prelim program on their primary rank list, then they would get the Congr, you matched e-mail even if they did not match into anesthesia. Hope this helps.

Fully matched and anxious for Thursday! Good luck everyone!

Matched! Someone save me a seat at the AA meeting... cause I already feel guilty about the future need to cut back and that makes me angry when people talk about it. Now the question is... eye opener before rounds or in a flask during rounds?

...sweet dreams.......MATCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information... I guess we'll have to hold out until Thursday until we find out whether she matched in anesthesia or into a prelim.

BOL!

woohoo! It's a match...

Congrats to all those who matched, and good luck to all you scramblers out there.:luck:

Why pick just one when both will do you twice as nice?

I really like your thinking. I'll notify the other student to bring a wheelchair so I can actually make it til the end of rounds.

Hooray for everyone who matched!

(Hopefully) one of the coasts, here I come!!! :)

...though I have some friends whose match outcomes may not have been that great, so that kinda puts a damper on my celebration activities :(

I'm very happy that I matched and it's a slight relief BUT, I still don't feel completely relieved. I would be very happy at 1 - 5 but after that I'm probably going to end up crying. Anyone else feeling this way? ???

Even though I know we can't talk about or access the unfilled positions, I am still left wondering .....

Yeah, it sucks when your friends/classmates have to scramble. So far two of mine are in that boat ;(

Even though I know we can't talk about or access the unfilled positions, I am still left wondering .....

Yeah, it sucks when your friends/classmates have to scramble. So far two of mine are in that boat ;(

We don't have access, but I 'll bet that most of us will know about those unmatched programs tomorrow.;) And I'm not sure if it would be a violation to discuss those programs... afterall, it would be nothing more than some friends talking about rumors online. Every year there are some suprises, and this year won't be an exception.

p.s. I love your winking frowny-face! It's the first time that I've seen one of those. If you have lots of time on your hands like I do, go to the mirror and try to make that face in the mirror, it's suprisingly difficult! ;(

As far as the question goes a few posts above I believe from what I have read and the guidelines according to nrmp that if you get a "Congratulations, you have matched" then there is nothing to worry about. If you ranked a prelim/trans on the end of your primary list then it will give you the message "Congratulation, you have matched to a one year position" Do you guys come up with the same conclusion from this info below from the NRMP Faq:

1. Congratulations, you have matched!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who is "fully" matched, including

Applicants who listed and matched to a categorical program.
Applicants who listed and matched to preliminary and advanced programs.
Other conditions also apply. Applicants who listed only advanced programs on their certified rank order lists and did not list any preliminary positions on a supplemental rank order list will receive this message. Similarly, applicants who included only preliminary programs on their certified rank order lists will receive this statement. The matching algorithm considers an applicant "matched" if he/she lists only one program type on his/her certified rank order list. Applicants who receive this message will not have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs that is posted on Tuesday of Match Week.

3. Congratulations, you have matched to a one year position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who matched to a preliminary position but did not match to an advanced position listed on the primary rank order list. Applicants who receive this message will have access to the Dynamic List of Unfilled Programs and are eligible to participate in the post-match Scramble for unfilled positions to obtain an advanced position; however, applicants may not use the Scramble to obtain a categorical position or a different preliminary position.

To answer the question posted, if someone ranked a prelim program on their primary rank list, then they would get the Congr, you matched e-mail even if they did not match into anesthesia. Hope this helps.

I don't think this is correct.

http://www.nrmp.org/res_match/special_part/us_seniors/match_results.html

The only way you could get the "Congratulations, you've matched" message while only matching a Prelim spot is if you only listed Prelims in your ROL. Otherwise, you would get the "Congratulations, you have matched to a one-year position" message.

Summary: If you got the "Congrats, you've matched" message, then you've fully matched. Four years. Now you can drink.

Either way, thanks for freaking me out and killing my buzz. :smuggrin:

happy i matched! but still going to hold off celebrating until thurs :)

Sweet, now on to Thursday....

Today is a crappy day to be on call, except for my celebrating tomorrow will be that much better with less sleep in me.
Even if you didnt match for some reason there are a ton of unfilled anesthesia spots. Actually, 52. 34 advanced, 14 categorical. Most are either central region or northeast.

Today is a crappy day to be on call, except for my celebrating tomorrow will be that much better with less sleep in me.
Even if you didnt match for some reason there are a ton of unfilled anesthesia spots. Actually, 52. 34 advanced, 14 categorical. Most are either central region or northeast.

where did you find this info? -- I would LOVE to know what progs went unmatched -- thanks

where did you find this info? -- I would LOVE to know what progs went unmatched -- thanks

applicants were given access to regional match stats after we found out if we matched or not today, but there were no specifics on programs and if we did match then we will not have access to the unmatched list and it's a "supposed" match violation to share that info....so you'll have to hope that after 12 noon tomorrow someone that didn't match doesn't care about violating and posts the info...

there won't be an official email sent to applicants with a "list" as far as I know, it's new this year with the only access to the info being a dynamic list on ERAS that changes when the unfilled positions are filled by scramblers

YES I DID!! Mista Suprane, hope to see you at Hopkins in a year's time.

Best luck to all those matched for Thursday, and extra luck to those scrambling!

Wow! I am so relieved! :)
I'll see you guys Thursday...