I need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hungyenta

Reaction score
Okay I maybe a lost cause but I still want to know the possibility of being accepted to medical school and become a surgeon.
I messed around a lot in my undergraduate biochemistry degree. I have a 2.976 GPA. I have an upward trend from my senior year.
I am thinking of applying for surgical technologist program (2 years program). I'm currently 23.
In a what if scenario, I would have a 3.8 for my postbac program, two years of surgical technologist experiences, and a decent MCAT score.
Would my profile be competitive for medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay I maybe a lost cause but I still want to know the possibility of being accepted to medical school and become a surgeon.
I messed around a lot in my undergraduate biochemistry degree. I have a 2.976 GPA. I have an upward trend from my senior year.
I am thinking of applying for surgical technologist program (2 years program). I'm currently 23.
In a what if scenario, I would have a 3.8 for my postbac program, two years of surgical technologist experiences, and a decent MCAT score.
What is the coursework like in a surgical tech program?

Go look at my post on guide to reinvention for pre-meds

Hungyenta said:
What exactly has changed about your study skills since you graduated that makes you think you can achieve a 3.8 in your post-bacc? Not trying to be harsh, but you will need to fundamentally re-invent your study technique, or so it would seem from your undergraduate GPA.

What does the rest of your app look like? Volunteering, shadowing, LORs?

GL