I need help choosing a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Username404

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a bit of a dilemma right now and any feedback would be appreciated. I've already looked at the threads for both Iowa and Illinois vet schools and am still indecisive. Anyway, I was accepted to Illinois and was planning on going there, but Iowa recently contacted me to let me know that I was offered admission (I was on the alternate list there.) Both schools are OOS for me (unfortunately I did not get into my IS school) and tuition looks roughly about the same, as does cost of living. I know that Iowa generally gets ranked higher and has a great radiology program, but at the current moment, I'm not thinking about specializing. Illinois is also a lot closer to home for me, which would make it easier to occasionally visit my parents (my brother is also currently doing his PhD there for CS). I'm leaning towards small animal/exotic, but I am open to bovine veterinary care. If anyone has any suggestions about other factors to look at/which school to pick, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.