I need help deciding what I should do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johnathanaoun

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys. Hope you’re doing great. I don’t know what I should do. I just took the DAT and I got

AA-18
TS-16
PAT-21
RC-21
QR-19

GPA-3.8 | SCI GPA-3.7
I have been working in a dental laboratory for 3+ Yrs full time while in school
-I have been to a lot of training and seminars for dental procedures (have been to China to train)

I have shadowed doctors for 200+ hrs (don’t know if doctors with licenses outside of the US count because I could have more)

I have 100+ Volunteer hours with a non-profit and other organizations

I have been an officer for our dental association at our school for 1yr and a member for 3

also involved in other clubs as officer as well.

I don’t know if I should continue applying or not.

please lend me your advice.

thanks in advance.
 
Your GPA is fantastic, but that TS 16 is a game changer. I don't know of any schools that will look favorable on that score. I don't claim to know everything and it is ultimately the schools choice, that is why I urge you to reach out to a few schools directly. IMO, a retake will be in your future.

All you other stats are great, you just need to bring up the DAT scores.

Wishing you the best...Nancy, Destroyer