I need help.. please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CGpa: 3.8
SGpa: 3.7
MCAT: 517
So here is my app info... my only worry is that most of my clinical stuff I started pretty late. I just finished college and I’m applying this cycle. I started doing my clinical volunteering this year. Some of the hrs below I included as part of the expected hrs section on the app, as I will continue some of those during the glide year.
ECs:
1.5 yrs of hospital volunteering
60 hrs of shadowing:
1.5 yrs of clinical research
1.5 yrs AMerican cancer society Hope Lodge clinical volunteering
2 yrs American Kidney Fund Kidney health coach volunteer
4 yrs Founder and president of a community service group
Leadership for theee other campus groups
1 summer internship at Emory Healthcare
5 yrs administrative help with a hospital. Although for 3 of those years was online volunteering and summer help because it was in a diff country
1.5 yrs Mentor for pre-meds
Independent research. But not taken up by any professor or org. I don’t know what to do about this help...

Please give me suggestions on whether or not these are ok.

Members don't see this ad.

So here is my app info... my only worry is that most of my clinical stuff I started pretty late. I just finished college and I’m applying this cycle. I started doing my clinical volunteering this year. Some of the hrs below I included as part of the expected hrs section on the app, as I will continue some of those during the glide year.
ECs:
60 hrs of shadowing:
5 yrs administrative help with a hospital. Although for 3 of those years was online volunteering and summer help because it was in a diff country
Independent research. But not taken up by any professor or org. I don’t know what to do about this help...

Rock star!!!
I suggest:
NYU
Vanderbilt
WashU
Yale
JHU
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Penn
Columbia
Duke
Harva
Sinai
Cornell
Stanford
U MI
U VA
BU
Case
Mayo
Pitt
UCSF
Hofstra
Ohio State
U Cincy
USC/Keck
USF Morsani
Albert Einstein
Dartmouth
Emory
Rochester
Jefferson
Miami
U IA
U VM
Western MI
Your state school

Reactions: 1 user
Low key humble brag

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Low key humble brag
I can see why it comes off like that. But honestly I posted this because I only started volunteering this year. Like for my hospital volunteering, I only have 150 from this year and the rest I out as expected hrs for next year for like 200hrs. What do you think?

I can see why it comes off like that. But honestly I posted this because I only started volunteering this year. Like for my hospital volunteering, I only have 150 from this year and the rest I out as expected hrs for next year for like 200hrs. What do you think?
I think you’re still bragging

ECs:
60 hrs of shadowing:

@Faha @LizzyM. Please help!! I started the volunteering and research this year. So, some of the hours I included as expected hours on the app, as I will continue those volunteering and research positions throughout next year.

Rock star!!!
I suggest:
NYU
Vanderbilt
WashU
Yale
JHU
Northwestern
U Chicago
U Penn
Columbia
Duke
Harva
Sinai
Cornell
Stanford
U MI
U VA
BU
Case
Mayo
Pitt
UCSF
Hofstra
Ohio State
U Cincy
USC/Keck
USF Morsani
Albert Einstein
Dartmouth
Emory
Rochester
Jefferson
Miami
U IA
U VM
Western MI
Your state school
Hello! Thank you for replying! Don’t you think the fact that I racked up my hours pretty late will Look negative? Plus some of the hours I’m entering, I’m entering as expected hours as I will be continuing those volunteering and research positions throughout next year.

Not seeing any bench research, I have some concern about this applicant's fitness for the top 20 research schools. I'd select not more than 25% of the schools from that tier.

Not seeing any bench research, I have some concern about this applicant's fitness for the top 20 research schools. I'd select not more than 25% of the schools from that tier.
Emory and Dartmouth are my top choices. Am I reaching too high?

Top schools want to see bench research?
yeah I thought any type of research was ok. Especially clinical research. Idk, what do you think? Also do you agree with Goro on the school list above?

Wet lab research usually provides the greatest likelihood that a student will have the opportunity to do hypothesis testing and carry out a project from start to finish. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but, too often, clinical research does not offer opportunities for anything more than regulatory paperwork, scheduling of subjects, or recruiting and consenting patients but without an opportunity to contribute to the design and/or analysis.