I Need Help with PT School Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fluffyrider1

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm writing this to ask for help from those of you who have gone through and aced the interview portion of the PT application process. I have decent stats and a lot to talk about extracurricular-wise, but I am an absolute mental wreck when it comes to interviews.

I had my first interview last week and unlike the experiences everyone else has described, (about the interview being very laid back and conversational) mine seemed very strained. I didn't notice until afterwards that I was speaking extremely fast and the interviewers didn't seem very comfortable. I felt terrible coming out of it and want to put it behind me but at the same time, I want to go into the next one with more confidence having learned from my experiences.

I have my next one coming up this Friday and I was hoping someone who did great at the PT school interviews could do a mock interview with me over Skype/Google Hangouts to give me any pointers as to what I could improve on. You can send me a private message or reply to this thread and I'll reach out to you. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

This is awesome! I definitely admire how you know your weakness and how you are willing to improve yourself.

I have had about 5 interviews this year and was accepted into 4 out of the 5 schools. I found a book on amazon. It was actually really helpful. Its 5 bucks which is awesome, but the crappy thing is its only available on kindle.

Amazon product

I second that book. I used it during the interview process and was very helpful. It has about 40 questions and examples of good answers and bad answers. it definitely helped me get into PT school!