I need help with the science passages on the mcat!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morrisol

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i need some strategies for the physics and chem and biological sections of the mcat. i always find that i get lost when reading the questions and never understand whats going on. ive taken countless science courses and done fairly well but i need some help with strategies for how you studied, and approached the passages.

Members don't see this ad.

Read the passage with a specific eye for the experimental design. You can take shorthand notes to help yourself keep track of the design if it's particular convoluted (e.g. A activates B, which inhibits C, which causes production of D, etc.). But get a good sense of where everything is. No use memorizing details from the passage because it's always right there in front of you and you can go back to it. Look at the figures closely to figure out general trends in the data and/or what the data is showing.

Reactions: 1 user
i just freak otu when i do those passages. i always have trouble interpreting the info. do you have any tips for that