I need information ...

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by ayanjoe, Oct 10, 2002.

1. ayanjoe

ayanjoe Medicus Sapiens

Medical Student
    hey guys....i need to know if it is possible to have a course in the states to prepare for step 1 ....
    and does it cost too much ??

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Skip Intro

Skip Intro Registered User

Attending Physician
    After that painfully long promotional thread, you mean you're not going to stay and practice in your beautiful country, Syria?

I am shocked! :D

4. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler

I think Kaplan arranges these courses. I bought books from a guy who had taken such a course in LA. One cool thing about buying his used books was that 3 of the books (some of the most widely used review books) were signed personally by the authors. In other words, he was taught by top people in every subject.

He paid an arm and a leg, though. I think something like 7000 dollars for 6 weeks. He got a 242 and is now in a surgery residency in Baltimore, by the way.

Go to the Kaplan site and I'm sure they'll be more than willing to inform you about their classes.

Good luck

5. ayanjoe

ayanjoe Medicus Sapiens

Medical Student
    to SKIP INTRO
    u got the wrong way ....u know Syria is a developing country and all what i want is to do my residency in the USA to get the highest levels of knowledge and then go back HOME and practice this knowledge there.....and as u know to do residency in the USA u have to do the steps 1,2,3....

hey thanx BellKicker for the info....
    but in these Kaplan courses i heard that no body teaches u ....they just give u books and video cassetes and let u go....
    is there any real CALSSES in these courses ???

6. snowprincess

snowprincess Senior Member

check out http://www.kaplan.com/ and then go to USMLE --> Courses and Services

On the left you'll have a menu with Lecture Locations as one of the options....

(I think that this is what you were asking.... isn't it?)

If you are not yet in US, then you can click on the international locations link...

What I found near Europe/middle east....
    Egypt
    France
    Saudi Arabia
    Spain
    Turkey
    United Kingdom

Good luck :)
    They have links for visa info, etc. Check it out.