I need some advice regarding which schedule you'll like to pick.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nydnarb

Reaction score
I will be taking Ecology, Algebra-physics 1, Organic Chemistry, and two other minor 1 credit online classes.
*Note I MUST take these classes this semester in order to take the classes I want next semester*

Ecology lecture has only one teacher and he teaches M and W (1:30 pm - 2:45 pm)

Organic chemistry 1 has two lecturers: Teacher A - teaches M W (10:30 am - 11:45 am) or Teacher B - teaches (online)

Algebra-physics 1 has two lecturers: Teacher C - T TR (9:45am - 10:30 am) or Teacher D - M W (12:00pm - 1:15 pm)

Regarding Organic Chemistry 1, Teacher A has meh ratings and some kids say that they like the teacher and others say that they don't like the teacher. Teacher A does NOT grade homework and does NOT curve exams. He only grades the 6 quizzes, 4 exams, and the cumulative final exam. Teacher B for organic chemistry is a new teacher, but his ratings from his old school were actually pretty good and most students liked his class, however, this class is online.

Regarding Algebra-physics 1. Teacher C has HORRIBLE and is an absolute nightmare, their ratings have a lot of kids that do NOT like them. Teacher D has AMAZING ratings (and my friend personally loves teacher D) their teaching style is amazing.

* the physics class is a 2-minute walk away from the ecology class*

Any advice regarding this schedule?

I am thinking this:
Ecology M W (1:30 pm - 2:45 pm)
Organic Chemistry 1: (Online)
Alg Physics 1: M W (12:00 - 1:15 pm)

*NOTE, the labs for these classes have lots of Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday classes... those teachers have good ratings*

**ALSO, there is the option that I COULD take Calculus physics 1 instead, but I heard online that the MCAT is alg physics based.** (Calculus- Physics is on M W (9:00 am - 9:50) and that teacher has good ratings

Would taking the online organic chemistry 1 hurt my chances in medical school? There are only two teachers. I would not mind taking organic chemistry online, I never had problems learning online.

I am currently taking the Biology 2 lecture online this semester. The school only gave one option for a professor to teach online.

THANK YOU

Members don't see this ad.

How did you do in calc 1 and calc 2?

If you feel you would excell in calc-based physics, go for it. If not--don't make your schedule any more difficult. As for if med schools will accept online orgo, you would need to look at the admissions criteria for schools you're considering applying to. With COVID, online only pre-reqs were permitted because it was often the only option for everyone--I don't know how or if that might change now.