I need some good advice....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my situation:

I take the DAT's this saturday and I'm not sure if im ready to take it. I took the first 2 tests on Achiever (only science) and got scores of 15-16. I feel like achiever is a lot harder than the actual exam. I feel like the chm section is too math based (which takes up a lot of my time) and there's a good amount of random questions on the biology part.

What do you think?
Should I reschedule?

FYI, Ive been studying for a good 3 months and averaged bout 18 on top score (but i took top score during my studying)

Please Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Scored a 18 on Achiever 3, 4 days before my DAT. I went over everything I got wrong and everything I didn't know on that test. Go over what you got wrong and take it. 3 months should have be sufficient time!

So chem section has about 5 questions of math-based types, max.

So that is not problem, take another practice test.
How much have you been studying in the past 3 months?

So chem section has about 5 questions of math-based types, max.

So that is not problem, take another practice test.
How much have you been studying in the past 3 months?

I was studying 3-4 hours/day, but there were weeks where i had to make school a priority (during exam weeks). Is taking the DAT mid-late June too late? B/c i feel like i can improve my science scores by at least 2 points with an extra month of studying.

Thanks for the replies :)

Members don't see this ad :)
You have to stop seeing practices tests as the real test. This is a common misconception of the purpose of practice tests. They exists for getting practice at taking the DAT and as a powerful diagnostic tool. Your score a practice test tells you what you need to improve on. Just go over the practice tests and learn everything you didn't know in that test. Spend a day even doing this!

If you do this your score on the DAT should increase.

Here's my situation:

I take the DAT's this saturday and I'm not sure if im ready to take it. I took the first 2 tests on Achiever (only science) and got scores of 15-16. I feel like achiever is a lot harder than the actual exam. I feel like the chm section is too math based (which takes up a lot of my time) and there's a good amount of random questions on the biology part.

What do you think?
Should I reschedule?

FYI, Ive been studying for a good 3 months and averaged bout 18 on top score (but i took top score during my studying)

Please Help!

science sections are defintely harder on achiever. i agree, and can tell you from experience, that you are right in thinking that there is too much math on the gchem section. this too slowed me down during my practice tests which i scored in the 17-20 range. i ended up with TS 21. i did however find the qc and rc more difficult on the real test. so be sure to not slack in preparing in that department.

good luck with your test - i'd say your ready. 3 months is plenty. I too felt unsure of my level of preparedness heading into it but you know what? everyone does!