i need urgent help regarding Canadian Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tibia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
ive just finish my MBBS degree from KAU Saudi Arabia, now i am looking forward to take the Canadian exam, regarding the exam what is the difference between MCCQE and MCCEE??? which one of them should i apply for???

what is the time for the exam??

is it now only computer-based?

please i need definite answer regarding my q's

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
ive just finish my MBBS degree from KAU Saudi Arabia, now i am looking forward to take the Canadian exam, regarding the exam what is the difference between MCCQE and MCCEE??? which one of them should i apply for???

thank you

Have you visited the Medical Council of Canada website?

http://www.mcc.ca/english/news/index.html

i understand that i have to apply for mccee, then mccqe1

then what is the mccqe1, is the questions in mccqe are directed to specific subject or is it like mccee???

Members don't see this ad :)
MCCEE for imgs only, to assess suitability for canadian postgraduate training and suitability for MCCQE1. MCCQE1 is necessary to become a licentiate of the medical council of canada, all postgraduate trainees write it, included canadian grads

In addition, each exam is written only two time per year and around the same time. You wont get your results from the EE on time to be allowed an attempt to the QE1.

Thus either November for the EE then next May for the QE1 OR May for the EE then the QE1 in November; a minimum of 6 months that needs to be taken into account with your timeline.

In addition, each exam is written only two time per year and around the same time. You wont get your results from the EE on time to be allowed an attempt to the QE1.

Thus either November for the EE then next May for the QE1 OR May for the EE then the QE1 in November; a minimum of 6 months that needs to be taken into account with your timeline.

So then for a Canadian studying in Australia, ideally the best time to write the EE would be after year three (say in January, before flying back to Aus) and then write QE1 sometime in the fall of year 4 when I'll (hopefully) be doing electives in Canada?

the MCC stipulates that you have to be within 9 months of the date of your graduation to sit the EE.

the MCC stipulates that you have to be within 9 months of the date of your graduation to sit the EE.

Ugh. Since I am from Alberta I have to write the Q1 before I can apply for the AIMG program. The application deadline for the AIMG program is September to start in the spring of the following year, so this probably means that I may have to wait up to 2 years after graduation before I can get a residency in my home province, assuming I match on my first try. What an annoyance.

Edit- I just quickly re-checked the MCC website and I could not find anything about the 9 month stipulation for the EE. I know there is a stipulation about graduation time for the Q1, but are you sure that there is the same stipulation for the EE? Please advise! Thanks.

Edit again - Looking further you are indeed right. Bah...

So a typical timeline for Irish 5-year program would be:

USMLE Step 1: summer year 3
USMLE Step 2 (CS, CK): ???
MCCEE: Fall year 5

Any help on ??? appreciated......

Canadians studying in Australia have received special permission to write the EE in January of their final year. Just apply early so that you have time to seek the special permission. It can be done!

If you are a grad from KAU and are planning to go to Canada for residency, then the exam is the EVALUATION EXAM (MCCEE).
It is held in Riyadh, so check the schedule on the mcc.ca website.
Good Luck

Hi,

thank you
hi:) im er doctor & im working now un saudia arabia ....i hope we can talk 4 common concern .... if u r interest reply me pkz

hi i m a medical student of last year MBBS.i live in pakistan. i will be complete this at the end of january 2009 . i marreid to a canadian girl i want to go canada .plz help me how i can get canadian medical exaim . nd from where i can can maximum help