i need your help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

almida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

hi!
I am Almida Ambatali and i am a member of the Asian Medical Students Association (AMSA) Philippines. I am currently undergoing a study regarding Problem Based Learning (PBL) which will hopefully be presented at the annual Asian Medical Students Conference to be held in Korea this coming August. In light of this, i was hoping that you could provide me with some information on the names of the medical universities in your country which are currently employing the use of the PBL technique. This would be very useful to my study. would you please let me know if you know of any site in the net where i can find the data which i am searching for?
Your help will truly be appreciated!
Thank you!

Almida Ambatali
University of Santo Tomas
Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Please check out Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, Georgia, USA. Try this link-

http://musm.mercer.edu/musm/pbl.htm

It is a relatively new Allopathic medical school which has small classes and a primary care, rural focus. It has been a PBL curriculum since its inception in the early 1980's.

Best of luck with your project!

thanks for your help nextup! i really appreciate it!

Originally posted by nextup:
Please check out Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, Georgia, USA. Try this link-

http://musm.mercer.edu/musm/pbl.htm

It is a relatively new Allopathic medical school which has small classes and a primary care, rural focus. It has been a PBL curriculum since its inception in the early 1980's.

Best of luck with your project!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there,

I know that the following schools have significant PBL components in their curricula. I don't have all the URLs, but they can be found pretty easily by doing a search at www.google.com. I'd also do a search at that site under 'problem based learning in medical education' or something similar. Google usually turns up something useful, fast!

Here are the schools: Michigan State University (www.chm.msu.edu), Southern Illinois University (www.siu.edu), University of New Mexico, University of Rochester, Harvard University's New Pathways, and MCP Hahnemann University's PIL program (www.mcphu.edu).

Your presentation sounds great. Good luck!