I plan on submitting apps next week, Is it better to have a better DAT Score in August or an average DAT Score in July?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch2Much28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on submitting apps next week and need some advice:

I am currently scoring between 18-19 on my practice tests and I feel like I need more time to commit to the biology section. My current test date is July 16th, and I'm debating whether I should push my test back to August 3rd. I really want to score a 20-21+ on my DAT and I feel like that extra 3 weeks will really help.

Would pushing my test back to August negatively impact my chances of getting into schools?

I spent a great deal of time working on my apps and finished all my secondaries. I plan on submitting my apps sometime next week and want to know if pushing my test back another 3 weeks would be a bad decision. I feel as though COVID has made the early application window flexible, but I can be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

If you can study 3 more weeks and score 20-21, then I would do that. Unless you have stellar grades and the rest of your app is solid, then 18-19 might be good for you to get in.

Reactions: 1 user