I really need some help!!

Started by Sh1ZA
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sh1ZA

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just recently got a 28 (11, 6, 11) on the MCAT. It was a huge shock to me because I was getting 33s and 34s on my practice AAMC tests. I've had all of my professors write me LORs as if I am going to MD/PhD but now it seems unlikely ill get in.

Here are my stats
Top 50 national public university
3.92 cumulative GPA
Biochemistry and Art History major
Publication
2 years lab experience
clinical volunteering and shadowing
university hired organic chem tutor
etc.

I think I'm going to apply MD only everywhere but I'm concerned about my LORs. Would people make a big deal about that? I might apply to both MD and MD/PhD but that sounds really confusing to me. I have 5 letters, 2 from research bosses, 2 from art history profs, and one from the director of the tutoring program. I'm not going to make them re-write at this point.

I'm going to retake the MCAT on August 21 and going to apply within the week. I would very much appreciate your feedback. thanks