I really need some motivation...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyborgNinjaX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't inspire myself to start studying for the DAT. Its summer, I'm either working or bumming around my house. I really need something to light my fire to start studying... I am most likely taking the DAT in the 3rd week of August.

Members don't see this ad.

Can't help you, same stuff happened to me all summer and now with the DAT less than 8 days away, I'm looking at my practice scores and really regretting all the beach bumming and surfing

I feel ya...

My test is in August, and still have problems motivating myself to study the material.
Back of my mind keeps saying "you can take this test later on if you'd like.. so don't push yourself too far"

But everytime that pops up in my head, I get my a** to the library, sit down, and think of the 200 bucks I spent on registering for the test...

not to mention the imagination of myself hopelessly wondering around after graduation to find a job that I can make a living of....

That works 150% every single time for me...

Hopefully that helps..

p.s. maybe we should start a thread of
"People who can't get as motivated as they wish and need some help"
club...

xenomblack said:
I feel ya...

My test is in August, and still have problems motivating myself to study the material.
Back of my mind keeps saying "you can take this test later on if you'd like.. so don't push yourself too far"

But everytime that pops up in my head, I get my a** to the library, sit down, and think of the 200 bucks I spent on registering for the test...

not to mention the imagination of myself hopelessly wondering around after graduation to find a job that I can make a living of....

That works 150% every single time for me...

Hopefully that helps..

p.s. maybe we should start a thread of
"People who can't get as motivated as they wish and need some help"
club...

Here is what I do.

I have a list of things in my life I want to accomplish and I convince myself that the only way I can do that is by knowing the Kaplan book in and out. It's goofy but it works.

It has taken me MONTHS to get to the point where I can study as much as I am now.

Like already mentioned...plop yourself in the library with no computer, headphones, cell phone or anything. I actually do even bring a clock with me...I just wait for lights to flicker 20 mins before the library closes.

Also, take breaks while you study. But not too long...then you'll get off topic.

I've been taking practice tests and getting near perfect scores and so the thought doing that on the real thing REALLY keeps me going. I started out getting 14-16s...so it's not like i'm a sponge and just remember everything easily.

Good luck though!

Members don't see this ad :)
SaxyDucky said:
Here is what I do.

I have a list of things in my life I want to accomplish and I convince myself that the only way I can do that is by knowing the Kaplan book in and out. It's goofy but it works.

It has taken me MONTHS to get to the point where I can study as much as I am now.

Like already mentioned...plop yourself in the library with no computer, headphones, cell phone or anything. I actually do even bring a clock with me...I just wait for lights to flicker 20 mins before the library closes.

Also, take breaks while you study. But not too long...then you'll get off topic.

I've been taking practice tests and getting near perfect scores and so the thought doing that on the real thing REALLY keeps me going. I started out getting 14-16s...so it's not like i'm a sponge and just remember everything easily.

Good luck though!

wow saxyducky those are some inspirational words :) I feel motivated already :D

SaxyDucky said:
Here is what I do.

Good luck though!

this certainly motivates me!!!!!!!

just curious..
how long have you been studying for the test??

and when are you planning on taking it???

also.... if you don't mind, can I ask for your stats (GPA, etc) ??